bass or efx 1st?

Z3r0_G

ok. after this exams i'm gonna start work and i'm stuck between getting an ME-50b or a MIJ jazz bass first.

right now i got a streamer rockbass with a killer tone. i also have a squier affinity pbass but it totally sucks la. i'm looking 4 a vintage tone as well. hence my decision on the j bass.

but on the other hand i also want to be able to use some efx like overdrive and all. to have at least a good efx pedal to last me for a long time.

ur views matter ppl. tank ewe ;)

I'd get the bass first... but that's just me. Tone first, then effects.

HOWEVER. It depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're in a rock band then the effects don't have to take as much priority because the leads are going to be the main thing and your bass is holding everything together.

If you're in a funk band then your bass holds the sound together and the effects add to it to bring you more in front. Like say an aphex exciter or something...

Of course if you still want the effects, I've got an ODB3 for sale because the sound isn't really my type... $70 if you're interested, but PM me.

hey ho let`s go!!!!!!!

depends on wat genre u`re playing lah.....

if u`re progressive..then getting the effects 1st would b good....

coz the bass can wait...they`re always shipping it in...bass efx r hard to get...u can ask 3NotesABar abt this.... :lol: :lol: ...he`s dying to get his hands on GT-6B..heheheheheheheheheehehe.....wanna borrow mine or not??

so yeah...it`s up to u...

Back