Bass GAS Thread 2005

yah, cort curbow is made of synthetic luthite. think the fretboard is ebony

but its a great bass.

darth 3notes and i tried the sabre bass today. real kickass bass man! looks EXACTLY like my stingray... same colour, same beat up condition... hahah

but its already reserved.

Fingerboard is Ebonol. I heard of Phenowood as well (zon), but its not on the Cort curbow. You guys should try the 6 string version of the bass. I found a sound clip, awesome C string.

cool .. tell us more bout ebonol and pheonowood .. are they synthetic ?

cause like all wood should have some grain or sumthing but the curbow the ebonol like cant c the grain or anything

curbow 6 ?

I dunno much about Phenowood, but i know Ebonol is synthetic.

I played a Curbow 5 XT-33 some years back. Thats the REAL deal by Greg Curbow (not Cort), costing like 4k. Its also hard to sit on the lap, but damn the sound....

One PU very versatile with coil tap. I find that most Stingray style basses just need a coil tap, and you can forget about neck position pickups.

GAS R US here ..

lol :p hmmz got some queries and need some recommendations ..

i noted my little vox T-15 home practice amp lacks abit of the low end stuff. it has a very warm nice rounded tone and sounds a little bright but it dosent really project the low notes out clearly , almost any note coming from my E string sounds like mud city to me..

anyone got any recommendations for a small compact combo for home practice on ?

i was thinking of checking out a roland cube or a fender 30W rumble but not sure. anyone heard / tried fender japan amps ? they are equipped with celestion speakers , might get one from there

stars said:
i was thinking of checking out a roland cube or a fender 30W rumble but not sure. anyone heard / tried fender japan amps ? they are equipped with celestion speakers , might get one from there

I have the rumble 15, but I think you should upgrade to something like the BA115. Bigger speakers have tighter bass response, to me at least. :lol:

ampeg 115 ? i m afraid ild kill the neighbours with tt , practice mostly at night when i m free.. lol :p

bass:
ZON sonus special, custom 4,5,6,fretless, piezo
Stingray 4,5
yamahas TRB6JP the new one wif 26frets -- for display
Warwick LX 4,5,6
Conklin eh jean baudin's model. or his pac man bass
Fleabass
sheehan's bass
fender P bass and jazz vintagesss
Stu hamm UrgeII

efx:
custom stuff will do. i find it troublesome wif all this steping here and there.
cabs will be MESA boogie, SWR,
ampeg, aguilar,

I have to admit I'm pretty GAS free at the moment, but if there was one bass more that I'd love to have, it'd be either one of these two beauties

Rob Allen Deep 5
infodeepslices_04_05.jpg

infodeepslices_04.jpg

or

Azola Custom shop Deco Bass
deco%203way%202.jpg

Pretty huh?

Back