Barred Chord Songs for begineers

KeanOng

Hello Softies, thank you for your comments in the past, that i have problems playing barred chords, now i can play already! thank you! i have been playing guitar for around 2~3 months. I would like softies to suggest some songs that is good to train barred chords, and from like major chord switch to barred chord. Thanks! ^-^

Hey you can always translate the chords of your favourite song into barre chords.

just take any of the chords and make the barre shape out of it.

like example F from |--321-| to |133211|

to add on to above, in case you're not aware, your typical open chords can be played as barre chords all over the neck, so if you want to practice lets say a G C Em D progression you can play them as 3554333, 8.10.10.988 / x35553, x79987, and 10.12.12.11.10.10 / x57775 although for the second barre shapes of C and D i just barre the other 3 strings with my pinky (though typically people do it with the ring finger) and mute the high e. good for training but doesnt really sound good compared to the open forms

for a song that really requires you to use barre chord forms try Radiohead's Creep, basically its G B C Cm but you gotta use the E form barre chord cause the picking pattern requires you to play Bsus4 and Csus4 which is a lot easier to move to from the barre B and C than the open... plus there is no open B anyway. check out the tabs

Right.

For abit of theory patterns, try looking up the CAGED system. Barre chords are the "A" and "E" in CAGED.

Back