Band practicing in HDB flat

gothviruz

Ok, here's the thing. I can still tolerate it, that's why I'm posting it here, in case the persons involved are part of this forum community and take note of my post.

I stay in Punggol 600+. Every weekend, i can hear sounds of drums, guitar, bass, keyboards (i think so keyboards), and amplified vocals playing and practicing songs. I'm not sure about weekdays as I'm seldom at home.

Although you guys play quite well, I think you have to be considerate to neighbours too. What is disturbing is that there was no effort whatsover to insulate the sounds. From the way I hear it, the windows are opened too.

Imagine this happening at 9am on a Sunday. I believe many of us would like to spend longer hours on a Sunday morning in bed.. but no, none of us could.
Yeah you can say that you do not practice after 10pm, which is the cut off time for 'noise pollution', but still, I think you should do something about it.

My 11 month old daughter was also sick and she needed the rest but she kept waking up due to the noise and all.

Seriously dudes, if you are not going to spend money to do any soundproofings, just spend a little cash to practice at proper place, ie. jamming studio.

I couldn't find the exact source of the sound, but it definitely comes from one of the lower floor units.

p.s:- i'm not here to promote my jamming studio, just seeking your understanding. Thanks.

Not trying to be mean here, but when they are practising, it would be easier to find out which unit is the cause of the noise and you can and should approach them and let them know of the noise pollution they are causing instead of posting here.

Well maybe you got your own reasons or what for not making the effort to find out the culprit but the method I suggested would definitely be more effective. C'mon man if you love your daughter, do this for her instead of posting online whereby there's only a small chance the culprits will read this.

being considerate

yup, i do agree with goth virus, its really not very nice to be affecting the neighbours with yours sound, there is someone in my blk who always sing karaoke really loud with the windows open, the singing is really nasty. i always on my guitar amp to acceptable level when i am playing my own music, i hope everyone else does it do, think of others also when enjoying yrself at the same time, peace out .

Mirrorboy, I went downstairs and tried looking up, but really couldnt find the source. Our blocks are quite clustered and I dun want to end up at the wrong unit.

If this method of posting here doesn't work, I'll go straight to town council and give them some work to do. And no, u r not mean :)

And oh btw, i brought my whole family out to avoid the noise after that.

Last edited:
Mirrorboy, I went downstairs and tried looking up, but really couldnt find the source. Our blocks are quite clustered and I dun want to end up at the wrong unit.

If this method of posting here doesn't work, I'll go straight to town council and give them some work to do. And no, u r not mean :)

And oh btw, i brought my whole family out to avoid the noise after that.

O.O yea hdb jamming shouldnt be allowed. all the different instruments + vocals = a killer

All the best bro hope the noise will stop soon :)

from a NON-recording point of view, hdb jammers should consider today's audiotechnology and practise headphone/silent jamming. not only can you jam without your parents kicking your ass (except for horns/screamo vocals) , you can also record.

if you're going to tell me "headphone jamming no hweuling (feeling)", then thats why you should go to a jam studio where the real deal high SPL from the amps and acoustic drumset and proper soundproofing is at.

Hmmmm....

Jackson 5 by any chance?

Maybe you introduce them to Joe Pass& the like, some easy listening tunes, failing which

just burn the damn unit.

Yea thats why i soundproof my room/close windows. So if they complain ill go "hey i tried my best soundproofing" but the only thing is buying platform sia. freaking expensive. that day i had friends over playing in my studio. play for very long on a sunday afternoon. then my sis went down ask the direct neighbourif loud... she smiled and "yeaaa kinda.." then ask us try not to play on sunday. haha:)

But usually i play max an hour and usually on weekdays!
So i guess they are fine with it:)

coz got keboards lol and if play death. long time ago the polis will come knocking on their doors liao

If this method of posting here doesn't work, I'll go straight to town council and give them some work to do.

just go.

Sharing your problem with us might be an interesting insight into how inconsiderate some singaporeans can get and how people such as yourself as well as myself feel about it.

But for god's sake posting here offers little or no help at all to your own problem so why not just call the god damned town council.

Back