[AU]Airwindows 's Console, Buscolor and Totape review

kongwee

I have these Airwindows' Console, Buscolor and Totape plugin to make my mix more "analog".
More detail can be on the airwindows website.
I have not time to work on my original so not able show mp3 of it.

http://www.airwindows.com/

Console:
You have two plug-in. Consolechannel and ConsoleBuss. Consolechannel is to put on the individual channel while ConsoleBus on 2-bus. This emulate the "wiring" on the individual and bus channel. These is no control. It is a "blank" plug-in. It help in instrument's separation. If you project is small, you can hardly hear the difference. But on big project, it is easy to "manage' multi instance. Consolechannel is very effective code. Over 80s instance from other user report.

Busscolors:
This plugins try to emulate some of the popular consoles' 2-bus channel. There are six mode to choose from. You can hear the little changes in every mode. It help to choose the mood for your mixes.

Totape:

This is tape emulation plugin without captain or twirling reels. There are two plugin. Fromtape is for channel and Totape for master bus. Fromtape has slider to "beef" up your channel and kill some "digital" hashes. Totape got a lot more tone control. This is a more recent plug-in that I bought and still playing with it.

That all from my short review. These plug-ins cost about US$50 each. Actually Console and Bussolors is enough to emulate some of console characters without built in effect. There is a free download call Channel2 to do some console emulation.

Back