Attracting & Sustaining Talented & Creative People

Spellbound

I am glad to have read in today´s (July 9th 2003) Straits Times article by Chua Mui Hoong titled ´It´s Not About Gay Rights - It´s Survival´ and the forum article by Dr Stuart Koe titled ´A Big Step Forward For Gay Cause.´

And I do remember very well a very good article written about a year or so by Straits Times ´s American based Singaporean correspondent Ms Zuraidah Ibrahim where she highlighted the vital points in details way before Ms Chua Mui Lin did today in her article.

And good to read that Time Magazine´s interview with our Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong´s remark about recognizing the many Singaporean gay & lesbian community´s contribution to society in Singapore.

Yes.....it is time the authorities in Singapore start acknowledging and recognizing the many talented and creative gays and lesbians who are still residing in Singapore.

As there are many gays & lesbians who had chosen to migrate overseas or are planning to migrate to a homosexual friendly country.

I can confidently say that there is still that big 50% chance and possibility that a talented and creative individual could be a gay or lesbian individual while that other half a heterosexual individual.

Gays and lesbians have varied individual occupations be they a doctor, entrepreneur, business person, lawyer, political diplomat, president, prime minister, teacher, principal, musician, singer, film director, film producer, theatre director, actor, accountant, flight attendant, airline pilot, clerk, marketing and sales personnel, public relations personnel, administrator, taxi driver, waitress and any other varied occupations on this planet earth where a heterosexual individual is engaged equally as well.

Singapore must not and never loose the stronghold grasp of attracting and keeping/sustaining/retaining the talented and creative lot of gays and lesbians who are still staying in Singapore.

Or else.....50% of creativity and stronghold talents would slip out of our home country and into the hands and realms of a homosexual friendly country instead.

Gerry

Your Song - Elton John

Seventeen - Janis Ian

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins

Hey Jupiter - Tori Amos

icon_cool.gif

Back