Are there any guitar shops in JB?

hop music (it's hop, not hope) sells usual stuff. mostly sx, squier california, fina and yamaha. they have 60th aniversary mia fenders (strat, tele, pbass, jbass), some variax and a really nice gibson lespaul going for something like rm10k. they've got a good collection of sound system though.

for cnm, they've got 2 branches. one in landmark mall and another in skudai. the skudai one got better variety. they've got lots of ibanez, some really high end models. mim fender, vm squiers, tgm, sx. they've also got sprit by gibson. very amazing guitar for rm499! cnm offers the best price around town.

there's also Yong Li in holiday plaza and a shop somewhere in taman sentosa (i forgot the name) . they've got stock of old second hand stuff and some vintage. can even find krammer, squier japan and peavey there. if you're lucky, you can find a knock-off gibson les paul going for rm3000! these shops will bring in fender japan by request.

these shops are nothing much compared to the giants in singapore. worht a trip though, if you happen to visit jb.

but i think if guitar in sg is alot cheaper than m'sia.. i bought epi lespaul std $600.. m'sia(KL) is selling around RM2,200.. my frd bought epi sg iommi around $800.. KL sell around Rm2,600.. and epi zakk wylde in sg $1,350.. malaysia is around RM3000 !! fender mia,mij the most cheaper in m'sia is RM4k+ i guess... my friend bought fender telecaster mim in KL.. RM1,900.. so i think u better buy in sg..

DjKitz: It's how you bargain and how well you know the people there. Too bad you got that kinda prices.

Anyway, HOP MUSICAL is bringing in LTD and ESP. Their LINE 6 stuff are more or less the same price as City Music.

Djkitz: yes, prices are generally a little cheaper in singapore. i live in jb and always go to singapore to compare prices. however, it's not always true. for example, i bought a planet wave bass string winder+clipper for $12 (rm28 ). i thought it was a good deal till i saw the same thing going for rm25 in yamaha music tebrau city. nia.. so it really depends on how generous the shops are at giving discount.

ed: i'm not sure how to compare acostic guitars in jb and singapore. that's because the stuff sold here are pretty different from singapore. but for rm300, you can get a decent sounding acostic guitar with preamp. china brand la.. hop music sells some fina. can check them out.

singapore price should be lower because there's all that demand for high end stuff. but here's a general rule: expensive guitar (fender, gibson) cheaper in singapore, cheap guitar (sx, tgm) cheaper in malaysia. because there's demand there!

in malaysia, having a tgm is already a luxury. consider:
young executive pay in singapore: $2500
young executive pay in malaysia: rm2500
for $800, the singaporean can buy a mij fender
for rm800, the malaysian can buy a squier

go figure!

RE: hayabusa opinions

RE: hayabusa
I happen to come across 1 shop, selling the good and decent acoustic guitars for about RM470 and above...
However, i know electric guitars tend to be really really expensive in malaysia....and that is true. every1 says that....
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to the point. Does anyone knows,

Are the santa cruz guitars fake in malaysia? I saw one going for RM368. The logo looks very different from the originals. It's just written "SANTA CRUZ" just like that...

Last edited:
There's one Musical Shop in City Square JB, Its on the 4th flr called "Everstrong".
Last time i checked they got some selection of entry level electric axes and a lone Ibanez Gio bass there.They also have some cheap to medium priced acoustics,guitar amps,keyboard and other stuff (Efx,Straps,String,books etc.) Though i have to say most electric guitar strings there are quite pricey..an ernie ball super slinky set cost Rm19..which is abt SGD 9+.. where as the price in SG range abt SGD 6.60 to 8

edyeo:

the last time i went to everstrong city square was quite many months ago. i saw mostly kapok (and kapok comtemporaries :) ), santa cruz acostic guitars, other insignificant china brands as well. not sure if they have updated their inventory. i hardly go there coz the parking rate in city square is meant for singaporeans. haha..

i've a friend using a santa cruz acostic. really decent quality, bang for the bucks. i googled and found out that santa cruz actually makes VERY expensive guitars. all the santa cruz sold here only costs a few hundred ringgit. i'm not sure if they're fake. probably budget models meant for asian market? hmm..

fyi, there is also santa cruz electric bass sold here. 24 fret p-j ibanez lookalike and priced rm400 for a sunburst! i really wonder where it came from.

Are there any guitar shops in JB?

You can try Masai Music Centre @ Jusco Tebrau City
Lot F02 1st Flr
Tel: 07-3555122

cheers!!!!

shops

there is 1 at Taman Century near Omega tuition ctr, opp. the Pelangi shopping ctr.

1 at Taman universiti, skudai, main rd. near Petronas stn. and beside WangLai2 kopitiam/restaurant:-D

Last edited:
Buy electronic stuff in Singapore. Does'nt only apply to guitars but to anything else electronic.

Besides that, acoustic or classical guitars are a tad cheaper in msia. Recommended for beginners to buy acoustic guitars in msia. That is if you want to start with an electric.

edyeo:

the last time i went to everstrong city square was quite many months ago. i saw mostly kapok (and kapok comtemporaries :) ), santa cruz acostic guitars, other insignificant china brands as well. not sure if they have updated their inventory. i hardly go there coz the parking rate in city square is meant for singaporeans. haha..

i've a friend using a santa cruz acostic. really decent quality, bang for the bucks. i googled and found out that santa cruz actually makes VERY expensive guitars. all the santa cruz sold here only costs a few hundred ringgit. i'm not sure if they're fake. probably budget models meant for asian market? hmm..

fyi, there is also santa cruz electric bass sold here. 24 fret p-j ibanez lookalike and priced rm400 for a sunburst! i really wonder where it came from.

Santa Cruz in M'sia are most probably China made, and labelled locally by some chain outlet, if I got it correctly. It's the same as we've our own 'Diesel' jeans, which are not from the same company as the US Diesel Jeans.

:) Good thing we don't hv imitation Burger Kings in M'sia

Back