Anyone tried this bass?

I'm gonna renounce my love for behringer if they can't fix my equipment....
From my experience with them, they use cheap materials and have poor QC. After a short period of time, you'll be wondering why your equipment is degrading so fast. Reason: They use poor materials.
I've sent my Bass V-Amp and Tube UltraGain MIC200 to them cause it was getting noisier.
If they can't reduce the noise, I'm selling them off. And might get something else.
It's a cheap thrill. You get good stuff at low prices but they don't last long.
At least their rack units are not too bad.

Sound wise. They did a good job copying literally everyone. They shamelessly rip off the famous brands. it's an open secret. They rip off a product, study it, re built it with a little more features and sell it off at half price but with worse materials.
Good for short term but it'll wear out. Their rack units can last though. Other products usually suffer from Hiss, buzz due to their cheapo materials used building it. I was poor, so i bought from them. (Couldn't afford the real thing) I'm not sure about their amps though. I thought they were mad to come out with like at least 5 Bass Amps at one shot.

Try high gain and high volume. See how much noise you get. If there is little noise, than it shd be a good buy. If you are thinking of using the amp for recording, i suggest you think it through. You might actually want to save up for the real thing.

The Peavey Microbass amp is a good choice bass amp for home practices. Cost about $200+ at Swee Lee.

There is definitely a difference between a 15W and 30W amp. The sound is largely determined by the speakers or more precisely the size of the speakers and the power that drives it. The 15W amp usually have 8" speakers while the 30W has 10". The construction of the amp, such as a closed back, will also generate some differences in sound, giving a better bass response.

You recommend Peavey? If you can put up with the torture of Peavey amps than i have nothing to say. If you have heard, many people out there have grudges against Peavey because their low end stuff sucks. Their higher end models aren't too impressive either. My Yamaha F-20B 25watt sounds better than a 150 watt Peavey. Personally, Peavey lacks punch and deep low end lows. It sounds damn flat to me. Could other people who have used Peavey Amps comment too? Otherwise it seems like another personal attack against Peavey.

If you are newbie (I assume Slapshot is), and there is a tight budget and the amp is to be used for practices at home only, then I don't think it's too critical as to how great the amp needs to be. As long as the amp is able to perform reliably with some decent tones, it should be fine.

I'm not saying Peavey amps are the best or even good, but just that it meets the brief of a fixed budget and a certain level of playing skill. Of course, if you have the dough, can play bass at an intermediate or advanced level and knows all about the best bass amps, then there is nothing to stop you from getting the best.

Most newbies can't really tell a good bass guitar from an average one, and the same goes to bass amps too. It takes experience to know what is average, better or best.

I have a Peavey amp, a 15W Rage 158 which I use for practicing my electric guitar at home. Peronally I don't fancy Peavey amps but what I have at home serves its purpose well.

Kustom not bad also.
I just can't stand Peavey. Lacks the 2-3KHz on the tweeter.Even their higher end amps too. Can't play slap bass on that.
Or risk it and go get the Behringer if you don't mind the dubious QC they use.

Behringer Amps

Hi,

I heard that someone used a Behringer for a gig once. The sound was good at first but it started 'leaking' after a while. So the sound got softer and softer........

peavey ain that bad... it is good for long lasting even thought the sound ain that good compare to many others... my first bass amp is a peavey micro bass 15 watts and it last me.. hmmm 10 years and it is still working perfectly well.. muiti task as a speaker and many other use.

antrence said:
peavey ain that bad... it is good for long lasting even thought the sound ain that good compare to many others... my first bass amp is a peavey micro bass 15 watts and it last me.. hmmm 10 years and it is still working perfectly well.. muiti task as a speaker and many other use.

i dont know. but is behringer TB108 really that bad and also i saw a good reviews of it.

also wanna ask if im really on budget is it worth investing abit more to get a 30 watt?

thanks.

hmm i comment it is ain that bad.. some people say it is not good.. but i know it last.. lasting is good i remember i drop a peavey amp from the stage to the ground during a gig in school last time.. i thought die already .. but some how or rather.. it is still working super fine!! ... u can do kicking throwing jumping on it.. and it last hahaha.. dont try it at home pls!.. haha wonder what issit constructed out from ... hahaha :twisted:

It's up to you really. I don't think you could test a Behringer Amp. That's the risk. You could try the Peavey. Depends on your taste. If you don't slap, than Peavey will suit you fine.
Dont bother using any efx processors or Aural exciters on Peavey. Nothing can enhance the sound of their amps.

Colarndo

Well, probably as the saying goes one man's meat is another man's vegetable. I love peavey bass amps. Punchy, meaty and not muddy. Slap tone? Its just fine IMO. most of the clubs or shows i have played in/for uses peavey bass amps too. I guess probably gear matters too, as well as the tone you're going for. I'm fine with peavey. I have a microbass practice amp at home and its great.

But of course SWR is probably my favourite but peavey=evcellent price/performance ratio and it lasts. Thats all i need i guess unless the equipment is sponsored and i don't have to pay for it haha...

Colarndo

A lot of people find the DDT speaker protection feature on most peavey bass amps a problem... its because they don't understand the amp itself. DDT will somewhat limit the output from the power amp to the speakers to prevent damage, and it will somewhat sound different. I'm not sure if its wise if you play like there's no tomorrow; but otherwise if you know what you're playing, then switch the DDT off and check out the tone. I wonder why its always such a big hoohah when it comes to tone... I feel its more of a player thing. You're always the one in control.

Keep on playing and making music!

Back