Anyone plays Jazz ?

jazz man

halo,

just play here play there, not a total jazz fanatic but just play play for fun and knowledge.

used to play pieces from PG Jazz Pianist, a good source to learn
and also play from scores borrow from Espl. library.

i shld say my jazz playing is more of pop n jazz, not the hardcore bebop jazz you hear in Jazz southbridge or Harry's.

maybe going to learn more by myself, a good insight of jazz can look into ABRSM jazz studies, a good step-by-step approach.

Singapore has sure open up to multi-genre music and esp. jazz.

Jazz on !

improvise

can lah but not so good leh, paiseh to say I'm good
play for fun can, want to go pro - very hard.

play pop/rock, blues still easier.
to be good in jazz must be hardworking and on.

I studied in Perth, at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts at Edith Cowan University.
I'm a Bachelor of Music graduate majoring in jazz performance.
I love hard-bop style, along with latin jazz, funk and groove.
I may have a degree but I'm definitely still learning a lot, and have a lot to learn :p
I took up a BA after my music degree so my chops have gone down a bit because don't play as much and stopped gigging regularly, but trying to get them up again... maybe jam with some local musos when I move up to singapore in about a month.
Hope to meet more local jazz musos!

I love BEbop Blues / jazz !!!

but no idea whether would my band be interested to try it or sumthing ...

is jazz poipular in singapore ? we ve seen mostly rock bands but rarely and jazz bands ... singers aside ... the jazz band scene seems pretty quiet

we had this event called Jazzpiration by the Beach @ Southeast last night 22 january.all i can say is that the response was indeed overwhelming.we had bands like Soul'D Out , Claressa Monterio and band , Denise Minifield and band etc.it was a night worth remembering.anyways , this event does not end here and in fact this is only the beginning. Southeast CDC is promoting Jazz music in the district and most probably we'll be making use of the East Coast Park Marine Cove Amphitheatre area as a platform to showcase our very own local budding talent in Jazz music in the near future.so i guess you can expect budding musicians jamming away to Jazz music around this part of Singapore.u can say that , Jazzpiration at the Beach was just a "warm up" to kickstart Jazz music in the Southeast district. you can visit their website at www.southeastcdc.org.sg for more details

well if your band is interested in performing jazz music then you're most welcome to email me at julius_chua@hotmail.com and give me the details of your band and i'll see what i can get out of it. oh btw...i was part of the organising committee for this event and so it would certainly be great if i could find jazz bands who are willing to perform in the near future. =)

Yeah double Blade ... that event was awesome ... one of the best performance i ve had ... it really opens up my eyes to the jazz scene in singapore ... it also got me fired up to improve on my jazz technique... hope to perform there again next time ...

Truly it really inspire me.

DoubleBlade said:
well if your band is interested in performing jazz music then you're most welcome to email me at julius_chua@hotmail.com

cool ~!

we are a buncha noobs who are doing covers and playing all kinda generes except for black metal and are experimenting with various music styles before we like try to write out our own songs ... get as much exposure as possible ! thanks for e offer though ...

jazz

hi all,
just to correct something. jazz@southbridge is a pub. free jam is still on sun nightsi guess.

doubleblade: hi, i was there for the jazz gig. it was totally great! i would really like to applaude for this jazz band with youngsters in it. so sorry i didn't catch the name. they were young n VERY VERY GOOD. i really like the bebop style and hardcore latin/jazz!! it is really heartening to see youngsters play like them!! it be good if u guys can invite them back!! i literally heard people behind me saying " woo .. so young n so gd!! " weiird is as gd as usual!! but it be better if the entire event could be more jazz based. funk is ok, but rock is a little too much for this event i tink!!. great work!! the venue was a little small, it be nice to have it next to the beach!! i can see people having a hard time trying to watch them! GREAT WORK!!!

well to tell you the truth , we did not expect the response to be overwhemling.we expected it to be a kinda chill out event where people can sit back relax and enjoy the show.so i guess , a small place like the amphitheatre would be ideal to have this event.

thanks for your feedback =)

ooo so you are that guy ... ok i think i remember you ... he he .. anyway been playing jazz for a while ... but that's my real jazz performance ...

haha...it takes a lot of skill to play jazz on the piano/keyboard!!!!

it's like what the saying goes ,"if u can play Jazz , u can play anything!"

Back