Anyone from NUS?

hey yea! i see a column on the left on soft for polys but not for nus / ntu / smu / sim! haha. is it because the music scene here isn't as vibrant? apart from the official CCA's like cac, oms and halls' bands, seems pretty quiet out there.. =(

LedZeppelinLover, are you in any of these CCA's or are you staying in hall?

I stay in hall. KEVH. how about you? If you are interested, we can jam together. I am considering joining jazz band. Do contact me at 93802373.

Would say I am not that mainstream. I don't really like the songs the band plays. I can play the keyboards. Jazz? Hmm not that. I prefer blues and neoclassical metal, and classic rock.

seems that guitar club doing a lot of acoustic work this sem. got a friend who's in it and he's complaining about the amount of crap he doesn't want to do in guitar club =X

Is guitar club just for guitar only? I was hoping to play songs we like, instead of having people dictating what we should play. I just wanna form a band in school, and eventually fulfill my aim of performing with the orchestra one day. I think that would be cool.

Hey guys,

the NUS CAC guitar club is not a club that just plays guitar.

We have a band segment that allows musicians to get together to play different genres of songs at different venues. Some examples include:

1. Esplanade (Sandsation 2010)
2. ACM (2009)
3. Republic Polytechnic CAC+US 2009
4. NUS UCC 2009
5. Holland Village flea market

I was from the NUS CAC guitar club, and that's also where I met my current band Pulse!, comprising of Kassim, Irwan, Izzuddin, Liza and myself, Alvyn. We just came back from BKK where we walked off with the Grand Prize, Best Bassist and Best Vocalist award for the Yamaha Asian beat grand finals.

hoik! hello alvyn!

yeah exams are over!! now chiong citymusic sale

Hey there!

Haha damn it I kinda miss taking exams to be honest...! Different kind of stress!

Anyway, Pulse! usually jams in the NUS CAC Guitar Club room on Saturdays... usually between 1-4pm or so, so if you guys are around YIH, pop by level 6 and say hi to us! (Opp. NUSSU's office, next to the toilets).

Pop by, say hi, jam with us! We're full of shit and do stupid things in the studio la so don't worry about us being unfriendly haha!

just had an awesome paper to mark the end of my NUS exams, no more NUS exams until next year November. Going on SEP next sem.

oh by the way, alvyn, do you all open the room to non-members?

and do check out this upcoming post exam party/gig (sorry if you have a paper on the 3rd dec) organized by a couple of NUS ccas. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162601157101553

Hey bro,

Afraid not, the use of the band room doesn't come under our jurisdiction... comes under NUSSU, so we can't open it up for use.

Come join the club man! haha... we need talent to fill up the spaces left by graduating members like myself and my bandmates!

Back