anybody know where to get iRig Amplitube for iPhone?

Go directly to the website n purchase i juz gotmine.. Processing of payment abit slow but for me worth it... 120 sg

120 for an apple app is omfg. i just went to the app store on my iphone and it says its $19.99
for the connecting hardware u can just grab a earpiece jack converter and duo earpiece jack from harvey norman and it costs less than 5 dollars -.-

Last edited:
Actually, you cannot just use a converter directly into the iPhone and expect it to work. The input for the iPhone is the second ring after the tip (if you look at the iPhone's included hands-free set and common wiring sense) and the hot signal from a guitar is from the tip. The signal that will be going into the iPhone's input will be the ground from the guitar. The tip from the iPhone is the left audio output.

Next, once you plug in the input, how are you going to get your output? Don't tell me use the iPhone speakers because the sound from it is freaking pathetic. Finally, I remember pathintheraindrops mentioning that there is an impedence mismatch as well, thus the need for the adapter. You can build your own iRig adapter, but good luck getting it right and as compact.

Last edited:
for the input output thing, i mentioned the duo earpiece jack which looks like a Y shape that can allow it to plug 2 earpiece jacks
well, for the impedence mismatch and the signal wiring difference, i'll have to give it to ya
but seriously, can an app cost 120 even with the iRig hardware? :O

*sigh*

The $120SGD is the price for the iRig adapter plus shipping. Not the app.

My iRig cost me 29.99 Euros without shipping. That's the prelaunch price. Now it's 39.99 Euros. the Amplitube software for iphone is $19.99.

You can only get it direct from IK Multimedia to be sent in to Singapore. Take note though, the shipping will kill. so it's better to do an MO.

*sigh*

The $120SGD is the price for the iRig adapter plus shipping. Not the app.

My iRig cost me 29.99 Euros without shipping. That's the prelaunch price. Now it's 39.99 Euros. the Amplitube software for iphone is $19.99.

You can only get it direct from IK Multimedia to be sent in to Singapore. Take note though, the shipping will kill. so it's better to do an MO.

god, apple sure knows how to make money~~~ well, the price makes u feel ur buying an amp, and for that price, an amp + pedals is well worth it. but then again, trusting everything to that little iphone doesnt make u feel safe about it...hope some other companies make something similar and sells it for a cheaper price.

Lol, Apple haters will find any reason to blame Apple for a product they do not make. You can get an amp and the same pedals that the iRig models for less than $150, in the size of an iPhone?

I agree someone should start a mass order if there's enough interest... or maybe one of our shops could take the initiative to bring some stock in :)

the app and handphone is not much different in term of user interface with laptop, midi controller audio interface etc. Only thing is small protable and not as powerful, but definitely playable and ability to whip up ideas in second without going the typical way of amplifer and geetar.

Such technology cant be stopped in this age and will be developed further in line with physical gear. Both prolly wont kill off one another, but to serve different needs for different folks who understand what they wanna do

The idea of that irig device is like an audio interface to connect geetar to computer and doing all the processing and recording.

hehe, imho, wanna price to drop for such interface, lets hope behringer will catch on it and do their own clone version of it.

Why bring Apple into the equation, they are not the ones who made this software. They merely provides the means and platform. If you want to curse at someone for making money, blame IK for coming up with a product that people would want buy.

If you are thinking of entrusting EVERYTHING to the iRig, you're thinking of using it for the wrong purposes. It's not meant to replace amps or pedals. It's meant as a tool of convinience and portability when travelling or when an amp and pedals are not most practical.

Last edited:
heh, heres another developement of things which imho, might benefit geetar playing folks.

With the release of handphone like samsung galaxy something something, theres a projector mode. Such mode allow the user to project whatever thats on the screen to wall. Imagine, when being combined with something like this... All the gadget is as if out of minority report....we might be stepping on virtual effect instead of physical one,

http://www.pablomartin.com/emulator/?cat=1

god, apple sure knows how to make money~~~ well, the price makes u feel ur buying an amp, and for that price, an amp + pedals is well worth it. but then again, trusting everything to that little iphone doesnt make u feel safe about it...hope some other companies make something similar and sells it for a cheaper price.

??? What's Apple got to do with this?

And it's not one amp. It's 3. And a tuner, and a recorder, and a mp3 player for jamming to.

All that for the price of an actual pedal? Wow. WELL worth it.

not that im an apple hater (if i were, i wouldnt have an ipod nano and an iphone even though im using my htc leo), if they didnt support the distribution of irig, IK wouldnt be selling it. if its only for recording, i guess pro guitarists would be what it appeals to. average guitarists wouldnt use something that costs 120, at least not me. also, what makes, u think that apple doesnt get a share of the earnings from the sale of irigs?

Considering that an entry level audio interface costs about $200 and the iRig is only $70 (let's not account for shipping) with a very good software, it's VERY worth it. And it's an all in one solution.

Average guitarists won't use something that costs $70? Oh, come on. Don't kid yourself here. Did your guitar or amp cost less than that? Heck, no Boss pedal costs less than that first hand.

Apple takes a cut from what the app sells for (USD19.99), not inclusive of the hardware, at 30% and USD299 per year for the SDK. The whole iRig package costs USD$39.99 I still do not get your point about why Apple should be a part for this. Yes, they take a cut, but so what? They have nothing to with the app at all, other than distributing it. And it's not like the iRig is the only one being sold by Apple. No, this has nothing to do with Apple. This is effectively guilty by association. You should be cursing IK in the first place.

You should be cursing IK in the first place.
Aiyah why curse here curse there. People invent new gadget you curse. Wait for it to become the norm. The digitalization and miniaturization of every human invention cannot be avoided. In the year 3000 you take out your holographic virtual guitar and set the effects from the computer chip in your hand lol

Aiyah why curse here curse there. People invent new gadget you curse. Wait for it to become the norm. The digitalization and miniaturization of every human invention cannot be avoided. In the year 3000 you take out your holographic virtual guitar and set the effects from the computer chip in your hand lol

ah... lets just end with that, the argument took over this thread~

Back