Any Tips on practising double base pedal?

Lee89

I got my double base pedal recently but have no idea how to use it(LOL). Feel free to post your ideas and suggestions on how you practise with your double base pedal.

Thanks

hi Lee89

firstly, i am not a drummer. but i can sit at a drum and hit a few toms here and there.

since you have no idea of how to use it, why not just use it the way you feel like it. what i am trying to say is too many times we learn by example. we follow what has been done before. the way we play is like already habbit.

maybe you will start a new trend in how the double pedal is used!

he...hee...

( can we dream of things that we never see before? )

Hi there..Good to know that U got ur dbl pedal for free.. I wish I had mine was free too. Hahahaha..

Ok..abt learning dbl pdl, its like taking a giant leap to what U are playing right now. Most importantly, have fun and don't get intimidated by looking down ur bass drum and seeing two beater heads instead of one.

"U gotta learn how to crawl before U walk, Learn to walk before U run."

This is an accurate intepretation of what drumming is all abt. From beginners to advance..

Get ur fundamentals right. Coordinations and balance must be good..

If U want to start practising immediately, learn the basic of dbl pedalling.. Get urself a Metronome.. This damn small thing is the most important thing if U want to play in time.

Don't push urselves too hard. Ensure that u are comfortable with ur setup. U dont want to do 16th notes grooves and not being able to reach ur toms to do a roll. Adjust ur pedals to ur own playing styles. The spring tension, the beater placement and all that..

Getting excited is a norm. But don't get overexcited..

Learn the basic technique at ur own pace..

L R L R L R L R L R (at a speed that u are comfortable with) Optional to play with a metronome.. So that U can gauge the speeds..

Experiment with a couple of techniques.. paradiddles, flams, triplets, etc.. Do slow before U get adventurous.. Don't bite more than U can chew and most importantly, have fun..

Have fun n happy playing..

lars_ulrich said:
wow thats a lot of cliches.

Here's something for U kiddo...

usdrum.jpg

Now, be a good mummy's boy a run along back to ur playpen instead of disturbing here..

oh thanks alot for those tips! Is there anyone that can teach me how to set up my drumset with my double base too? I seem to have difficuity putting my left base pedal and hithat pedal together.

i went to a studio once and asked for 2 bassdrums. then i had difficulty for the bass drum on the left..it was colliding wif the hi hat.. i used to play the hi hat with my right hand at around a 45degree angle to the left. (which is the typical angle for the positioning of hi hats) and after the double bass drum set up i had to play the hi hat at around 30 degrees.. and it was very uncomfortable..moreover, the hi hat pedal was far far away from the left bass drum pedal..i need help on this yea?

~drummar buah~

Back