Allen Screws for saddle

gackt1500

Does anyone noes where can i get allen screw for the saddles that used to adjust the action?
Im using a ibanez At200 anyway.Been to a few guitar shops in peninsula plaza like davis,guitar connection and etc but they don't sell it.

Does anyone noes where can i get allen screw for the saddles that used to adjust the action?
Im using a ibanez At200 anyway.Been to a few guitar shops in peninsula plaza like davis,guitar connection and etc but they don't sell it.

Any hardware shop will sell. But you will need to buy both Imperial units and Metric units. Cos only one will be the right fit on your guitar...:mrgreen:

Not very expensive. They sell in attached sets at Home-Fix.

Any hardware shop will sell. But you will need to buy both Imperial units and Metric units. Cos only one will be the right fit on your guitar...:mrgreen:

Dint noe hardware shops sell these allen screws.....anyway thanks for yr reply!

Dint noe hardware shops sell these allen screws.....wats the name for the allen screws?anyway thanks for yr reply!

You're talking about the screws rather than the keys right? I think they usually sell them in different lengths. I got some for my strats previously, but I don't know what they're called. I just went and dug into their screw cabinets and found what I wanted...

You're talking about the screws rather than the keys right? I think they usually sell them in different lengths. I got some for my strats previously, but I don't know what they're called. I just went and dug into their screw cabinets and found what I wanted...

Yeah i referring to the screws...anyway which hardware shop u went to and where is the place?

since we are on tis topic..i just wanna ask sum simple question

DSC00407.jpg

are there allen keys for tt size to fit in?
coz i realised its really really small
n when i bought tis guitar they din give me allen keys n stuff

SORRY FOR THE BAD QUALITY

since we are on tis topic..i just wanna ask sum simple question

DSC00407.jpg

are there allen keys for tt size to fit in?
coz i realised its really really small
n when i bought tis guitar they din give me allen keys n stuff

SORRY FOR THE BAD QUALITY

Yesh,that is the smallest or the 2nd smallest allen key in the bunch of allen keys if i nv remember wrongly....

there are allen keys thats small. they wouldn;t make allen screws that small if there weren't allen keys to adjust/ tighten/loosen them right?

u can get a full set of allen keys from DAISO for only $2!!

lol i tot there was sum kind of metal 2 fit into da bridge n make the allen key holes bigger so u can use a normal 1 to screw it

there are allen keys thats small. they wouldn;t make allen screws that small if there weren't allen keys to adjust/ tighten/loosen them right?

u can get a full set of allen keys from DAISO for only $2!!

wtf, i bought from homefix at $8!!! aRGH!!!

lol i tot there was sum kind of metal 2 fit into da bridge n make the allen key holes bigger so u can use a normal 1 to screw it

what metal is that?

thrash metal, heavy metal, power metal, death metal, melodic metal? :lol:

do u guys have any idea if they sell the screws?

i.e. the (screw)thing that the allen key goes into

cos the ones i have are rusty...and replacing would be a good idea

check with davis, i ever bought those tiny lil screw from them before. Bring your old one there to compare first, before buying

anyway, heres something which i did occassional when needing to adjust my saddle with those tiny saddle screw when lazy to find allen key.

Other than using allen key, i have been using those cheapo spectacle screwdriver to adjust the saddle. Its not one size fit all, gotta trial and error with screwdriver set from different brands(anything small enough to fit in and secure 2 corners of the saddle will turn the thing). Only thing is that dont adjust the saddle when the string is taut, will break the head. Usually i will losen the string if having to adjust the saddle height.

these kinda, the smaller flathead...

screwdriverset.jpg

The strat allen keys have got US fender and copy fender sizes. US fender ones harder to come by. I have may though. The aftermarket ones easier to get.

Too bad I had a whole bunch gave away to a friend 2weeks ago - was clearing my store

Back