AKAI sound library CDs

hi, thank you for the answer, very kind of you.
I just bought a Akai S6000 and EMU6400, new to sampling.

only did some sampling with a Yamaha SU700 groove box.

I would strongly suggest switching over to software sampling. It reads multiple formats including Akai as well. It loads faster and larger samples, and it loads more samples and gives more polyphony etc. There are many more reasons to using software sampling. Hardware sampling is more or less dead.

Gigastudio reads Akai and gig formats. Kontakt and Halion are able to read most formats like Roland, Emu, Kurzweil etc. All able to convert wav formats with a little bit of programming. Note that conversion may not be 100% accurate. To convert a sample in another format, it needs to convert the detailed programming like cc controls, release samples, key-swtiching, cross-fading etc. When you go deeper into things like K2 scripts and Gigastudio iMidi rules, things will start to get messy. Most "simple" sampels are able to convert without problems. My Gigastudio converts Akai flawlessly.

The other thing is that there are now more and more standalone VSTi samplers that do not need a dedicated softsampler to run. That makes things slightly easier and cheaper.

Also, more and more developers are coming up with libraries in multi-format version (Giga, Kontakt, Halion and EXS all in one DVD-ROM).

Back