Acoustic Bass

A Fina acoustic bass costs about $400 (or thereabouts) at Davis.
You can also get one about the same price but a different brand (probably TGM) at Ranking Sports at Bras Basah. Or if you want a good one, try Swee Lee.

I doubt it, unless you can get a second hand bass.

An acoustic bass is much larger than an electric bass because of the volume needed to create those bassy tones. And because the workmanship of the body is more critical, hence they do cost more than an electric bass.

Try Ranking Sports at Bras Basah. I think they have some cheaper acoustic basses, maybe around $300+ although I can't remember precisely.

8)

wads da diff ?

hmmz ... interesting ..., can any1 exlplain wads e diff between a E. bass and a acoustic bass ? wads the diff ? one can play jazz e other wan cannot ?

Re: wads da diff ?

stars said:
hmmz ... interesting ..., can any1 exlplain wads e diff between a E. bass and a acoustic bass ? wads the diff ? one can play jazz e other wan cannot ?

An acoustic bass is built like an acoustic guitar. Think a very jumbo size guitar with only 4 or 5 very thick strings. And of course, you can play the bass without plugging in. A double bass like those you see in a jazz combo is also one type of acoustic bass.

An electric bass is often made of a solid or partially solid block of wood or other materials, has no sound holes and can only be heard and used through a bass amplifier.

You can play most types of music with an electric or acoustic bass except that it's harder to do certain playing techniques on an acoustic bass.

hmmmm Whoa those double are fretless man it takes skill n lots of practice to be proficient in them haha Well I'm looking for acoustic bass so that whenever i go to my frens home for a Acoustic jammin session i can leave me bass amp at home cus its bulky lar

angeldogleslie said:
hmmmm Whoa those double are fretless man it takes skill n lots of practice to be proficient in them haha Well I'm looking for acoustic bass so that whenever i go to my frens home for a Acoustic jammin session i can leave me bass amp at home cus its bulky lar

acoustic bass guitars are meant to be played with an amp, just as an electric bass. you can barely hear anything and the tone you get also isn't nice if you play it without an amp.

percision bass ?

ah cool ! thanks thanks alot !!

mind if i bugger u to explain to me wad is percision bass and stuff like tt ? completely no idea wadsoever :p

Yep, the acoustic bass is also meant to be played with an amp, except that if the music is purely acoustic, you can jam around without any amplication with just the acoustic guitars. The drums would need to use brushes or some flayed sticks to give it a lighter sound on the snare.

Back