Acid 4 - sound muffle

adidasman

My problem with Acid 4 is, everytime I record audio onto it, the sound is not what is I have heard during the recording. It always sound muffle. And when I do rendering tracks, it gets more worst (the muffle thing). So what´s the problem actually? I´m using a low budget sound card SBLive. And I was trying to record distorted guitar sound.
icon_frown.gif

I think if you´re using a low end sb, it records at low bitrates of 12 or 14, etc. That could be one of the problems. How are you monitoring the mixes? Are you sure it´s not the amp you´re hearing?

Hi Veganbleu. Thanks for answering. Ya, maybe it´s my sound card but then can´t afford those ex sound card..... just another poor soul who is trying to make some home DIY recording. Hehehehe....
icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, since I can´t afford to get those ex monitor speaker (not for now I guess), I´m monitoring with earphone, headphone and also some old Hi-Fi speaker. Not a very idealistic set-up I´m afraid.

And nope, it´s not the amp coz after each ´supposedly OK´ mix, I burn them and listen to both Hi-Fi and CD player. Sound awful. Hehheeh...
icon_biggrin.gif
maybe it´s just me.
icon_confused.gif

You´re probably sitting too close to your amp. Everything will sound great until you actually listen to your stuff, since you´re not really monitoring anything. How others record is usually thru a mike and then thru into a higher end card or mixer/dat setup. Probably you´re using like a karaoke mike. That sucks eggs. Not enough details in the highs. The easiest way for you would probably to do it using a Direct Input box, or something like a digital effects box with a line out. If you´re really tight on cash, then probably something like a bass amp modeller ($80) or a zoom box from citymusic or behringer G100 (???) DI box and then direct to your card will be great for you.

Back