A SOFT school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all

There are many SOFTies who just started learning music, playing their instrument. While the interest has led them to this beautiful world of music making, I feel that in order to become a better musician, some form of guidance would definitely help.

What I would like to do is form a team of better musicians who will work with me in formulating the syllabus for a progressive learning course. This will include both practical and theory.

These learning materials will be posted on SOFT for everyone to access.

There will also be grading test to reflect the competence of the learner.

Do you guys think that this is a good idea?

i would think that this is a brilliant idea, at least for those who are really keen and interested. They won't feel so lost like how some of us started i supposed, also with the grading they will know that they have reach a certain level of competency on their instruments.

My suggestion would be not to only limit the course syllabus, but also encourage more lessons or exercises to be posted by other softies like how guitartricks.com is doing? :D

Yup..I definitely second that!

I'm sure it will benefit most of us here instead of endlessly searching for a 'foreign' website offering constructive lessons...having a home-based webbie will help in defining the local flavour..hehe

Just a question James..how are you gonna design the grading system?

that's so cool! i can volunteer to teach beginner stuffs. cos i always retained alot of times.. :p

y jux restrict to music?its a brilliant idea btw...

how abt...articles lyk...how to pick a gear.the right gear.So buyers know wad to look for instead of blindly following the businessman's recommendations.

that's cool!! mxtabs.net has something like this. where lessons are posted and recommended stuffs to get. pearldrum.com is a good place to ask about gear i feel. because the market there is big and ppl bought stuffs there and give reviews/comments on the pedals/cymbals/hardwares/snares/etc... they bought.

thanks for the feedback.

what i have in mind is

1. there will be x number of grades, with progressive skills in technique, difficulty and repertoire.

2. a similar requirement of music theory

3. material to be self-learning

4. a pool of recommended tutor to help in one-to-one or group lesson

5. proficiency test to be held twice a year

wow, SOFT.com is expanding into a SOFT MUSIC SCHOOL.
cool...haha..

its a good idea btw, but i tink hor, theres lotsa work to be done.

questions, the "pool of recommended tutor", izzit gonna b softies oso?
if yes, can i recommend dhalif to be one. :D
then, izzit free? :D

anep said:
if yes, can i recommend dhalif to be one. :D
then, izzit free? :D

LOL! :lol: soft asking for donations oreayd u ask whether free.of coz not i tink.haha.but if it is...woot.

dhalif guitar teacher :prayer: ...sure SOFT become rich... :lol:

Wooo!! I'll give this my fullest support!!! When will this start and will there be a cost for it??

Hopefully it won't be too expensive if there is a need for fees... Hope it will come soon too!! :D

the whole idea of this is to let learners have a path to follow. yes, some can learn by themselve but some will need tutor to guide them along.

i hope the learning material will be free of charge but will depends on feedback from the people who are going to come up with the material.

for the tutor, they are professionals who happen to earn a living by playing or teaching music. so i think it is only right that they are paid accordingly.

wow, SOFT.com is expanding into a SOFT MUSIC SCHOOL.
ALRIGHT!!..i wldnt mind enrolling as a student......then everyone can come together too like once every few months and perform and jam to the public or sumtin, show them what we've learnt and have been doing, this exposure to the public wld definitely be gd for SOFT to expand. gd going guys!

yea the gig idea sounds good, like what some other music schools did. I suppose the modules/syllabus will be OTOT? Or students can choose to have regular sessions 1 to 1?

I certainly hope the reference materials will be free while the exams and 1 to 1 lessons are charged.

Fellow softies don't bomb me for this, just an assumption of mine. If the materials are charged, i suppose some guys will pakat and just get 1 copy while the rest just plagiarises from it?

all the agove are just suggestions/assumptions. i suppose mr soft will take all of our replies into consideration and work out a plan for this "SOFT online music school"

edo83 said:
If the materials are charged, i suppose some guys will pakat and just get 1 copy while the rest just plagiarises from it?

ha..ha.. that never crossed my mind! man. ok, i will scramble the materials and require a code to see what's in it. ha..ha..

i guess that's how consumers think hehehe.....anyway the best that you guys could do is to ensure that the contents in the syllabus are jam packed with contents and multi-purpose: as in can be used for studies, reference, exercises, whatnots like charts, flash cards printouts........

maybe i'm asking for too much haha but i guess that's the best way to attract softies to get the "book". something which will be handy to everyone of us no matter for study or reference. at the end of the day, everyone sure "ai pi, ai qi, ai tua liap **" (hokkien phrase) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back