+65 Indie Underground double CD compilation to be released

AgingYouth

"With the success of 100 Greatest Singapore 60s: The Definitive Collection and the launch of More Singapore 60s: Treasures From The Vault on Monday 1 November 2009, Universal Music Singapore announces a new project.

Marketing director, Lim Teck Kheng says, “Another important period in Singapore music history that we have been very excited to document is the DIY indie band scene from the mid-80s to present. This is an important period when the seeds were sowed from musical ground zero to develop to where it is today.

“The final tracklisting is by no means exhaustive but in consultation with local music veteran, Joe Ng and after much animated debate, we’ve painstakingly put together a list of artistes/bands and songs to be all encompassing as possible.”

This is a double CD compilation titled +65 Indie Underground..."

To read more, go onto:

http://www.agingyouth.com/?p=617

heh, strange that for a singapore music forum, a thread like this actually dont have any responses.

is it that most here are prolly into year end sales, foreign music ranking, or just gossips that have nothing to do with music.

haizzz, so sad of state and the development, when local music to be concern.

most of the ppl here

1 dont actually like music, just their wanky pedals n instruments

2 dont relate at all to Spore music nor history

3 live in a hole watching youtube wank videos of some loser doin a shit cover version

anyways props to Bro AY for being the pioneer in doin up such a comp here on soft..........

Great to see Humpback Oak, Sugarflies and The Boredphucks listed in the compilation. I'm certainly looking forward to this release! :D

most of the ppl here

1 dont actually like music, just their wanky pedals n instruments

2 dont relate at all to Spore music nor history

3 live in a hole watching youtube wank videos of some loser doin a shit cover version

bob, some of us are totally clueless and unheard about the labels/bands above, myb cus we're new to this.
If something really appeals to them then i'm sure they'll come for the event or buy the product/compilation.:D

Cd out?

Hey am excited to be able to get my hands on the cds,

was searching high and low for it today but couldnt really get my hands on it.

I was wondering if the album is already out in stores??

Thanks
Wen

Bought the 60s compilation. Been playing it non-stop.

The last time I listened to these was 'Thanks for the Memories with Tony Orchards' on Gold90.5 circa 1995/96

=&=

I'd like to highlight to Postbox fans that this version of Miss Sunshine was specially re-remixed for this compilation as a 2009 version as compared to the exact one on their myspace (2008) =) great release!!

There is some delay with the CD printing. Will be available only mid of next week.

Bought the 60s compilation. Been playing it non-stop.

The last time I listened to these was 'Thanks for the Memories with Tony Orchards' on Gold90.5 circa 1995/96

=&=
lol, i ran through the five discs in that compilation and i didn't recognise any bands there siol. different generation la haha

maybe i'll relate more to this compilation

Latest posts

Back