2 things about pedal boards

huxleyrittman

1) Anybody selling a working wah pedal below $100?

2) Just interested to know- When you install a switch system on a pedal board, and you want to assign a switch to turn on both fuzz and phaser (for example), how do you make that work? Do you use some kind of special cable to link both pedals to the switch? I really dont understand :p

If you're talking about a true bypass looper/ a/b switcher or something similar then its simple. Just connect the pedals like you would normally. Every loop has 1 input and if you want to have fuzz and phase on at the same time just place them both in the same loop connected by patch cables.. Its the same as a normal pedal chain but a looper just splits it up into sections.

ooooooh, so each button on the switch has more than one input socket? So you just plug 2 into one switch and it turns on both? Makes sense :)

Also, i'd need to save up a lot before i could afford one haha, im a student

Yes. 1 loop has 1 input and 1 output. Google for more info, I'm sure it can be found easily online. depending on how many loops u need they are affordable.. The TYMC ones sell at about 100 2nd hand, not expensive at all.

1) you could buy a Vox wah for under a $100

vox wah. the ultimate tone sucker. lol. there's a mod for it i believe so if you do get the wah you could always make a clarity mod in the future which isn't that ex i believe. don't quote me on that. i just went for a morley bad horsie 2. makes me play like steve vai. if only that were true.

My dear friend, I am generally wondering. Do you have an intention for the wah? as in a song that you need to cover using it? or ur just getting it cos.. "everyone else seems to have one"...?

Sincere question so I can give u a sincere follow-up answer =)

Last edited:
well, i am doing a gig on sunday that requires a wah, but i have my effects pedal for that so i don't necessarily need one right now. however, i am working on a pedal board, and i just thought a wah would be the next step. Ive never built one before, so im not sure if theres some order youre supposed to buy the pedals :p I use wah quite a bit so i just thought it would be the next thing to get :)

Ah great, I just wanted to know if u actually do need one. As mentioned by some earlier, the Vox wah is an option, but it's just not very versatile. Something u can get now and use for many applications, and have it ready for future mods and general level-uping would be a simple jim dunlop wah. i figure u'd be plenty happy for ur needs with a basic cry baby model, or the classic cry baby. They are the industry standards, so u can expect MANY mod options for them later on when u feel the need to be adventurous.

Just my 2cents yea?

Of course if u have the time, go down to city music and give the Vox wah a go (the guys there are some of the awesome-est). and i'm sure u can find a place in peninsular that will let u try one of the many models of jim dunlop wahs to truly find something YOU will like.. and not what a bunch of know-it-alls are preaching to you over a keyboard. all the best in ur WAH-ploration.. rock on!

I think some of the new vox wahs are have SMC so its much harder to mod and even if you find someone to do it it'll be expensive. Make sure it isn't one of those if you're looking to mod it. Like skipper said, go try a the wahs in your budget and decide.. Although you might be able to get something better like a 535q if you can wait and maybe top up abit haha..

hmm i actually specifically NOT mention the 535q. I've had 2 so far. in both cases, the stomp switch died on me within a very short time (dunlop generally has a bad reputation with their stompswitches). And i'm afraid I have yet to find a tech who was willing to replace the switch for me =(

Which is y i suggested the cry baby or cry baby classic the stomp switch on those are readily replaced, with led mods and what not. The mods are even available on youtube if u're into DIY.

Ah I see. My bad, didn't know about the stomp switch situation on the 535. Since thats the case with the 535s then get a crybaby or vox haha.. I use a heavily modded vox, hasn't given me problems in years.

you have a gig on sunday and you're gonna buy a wah now? it's harder than it looks ya know. haha. good luck anyway.

for 2), put them both in the same loop and leave them on. use a loop switcher that functions like an on/off switch to activate them both at once.. :)

oh, btw, i use a morley wah.. buy them used, should be able to get about 120/130... (i think).. i like them!
otherwise,less than 100, u can probably find a ernie ball wah if u look hard enough :)
all the bst for ur gig!

Back