1/4" to USB (Guitar Link) -> Where to find them?

supervaluemeal

1/4" to USB (Guitar Link) -> Where to find them?

Hi guys!

I'm looking frantically for a guitar link a.k.a. 1/4" to USB cable.
Looks like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nk_1_4_to.html

Can anyone help me?

So far I've tried:

Music Stores
Luther Music
Davis Guitar
Music Theme
TY Music Centre

IT Stores
Challenger

All to no avail...

Will appreciate if you can advice of shops that sell this product

I stopped using Alesis products since 2003.

you're better off a Zoom H4n or something like that or any other audio interface that should bundle some VST simulated guitar amps in software.

what are you trying to achieve and what's your budget?

Hey, I got myself a prodipe studio 22 in the end. It was on sale at luthermusic and I got it a price of $60. Problem now is that I'm not able to record anything using the softwarre that came with it. Cubase LE6. I don't understand how to use it and the internet isn't providing me with solutions...

1) try google
2) try YouTube
3) try...
Basically you need to plug in your audio interface to your pc. Install ASIO (your prodipe) drivers. Run cubase (DAW), configure it to use prodipe as your soundcard. Press f4 configure your inputs and your outputs of your soundcard. After that create a new session ready for recording. Plug in your guitar to #1.Create a mono track (usually for your guitar) , configure that mono track to record your #1. Click the yellow speaker icon on the track to "monitor" (hear what you are recording) and click the red rec button to arm your track ready for recording. Then on the transport bar (I think it's F2 if you don't see any) click the red button and it'll start recording.

Honestly if you understood what I said in 3) good for you. If not you're going to have to read the cubase manual from scratch and understand the step by step. I'm outside and typing this on the phone now so it don't have any screen captures to demonstrate

I kinda got it, tried it out abit and now i'm stuck with 2 tracks.

My Objective: To do a bass cover of a song
Problem: I'm stuck with 2 tracks... 1) is the song w/o bass. And 2) My Bass recordin (From my bass guitar).

I tried solo-ing both tracks and exporting them back into the project but I ended up with some tiny bit of noise that is about 2 seconds long.

How do you so-called "Merge"/"Overlap" the two tracks together so that my end result is 1 single .wav/.mp3 file hence enabling me to upload to soundcloud.

Okay great, so you've managed to do your import of backtrack , recorded your bass. I just finished recording a band so I can directly refer to my cubase here..

click [File] > [Key Commands] > "Transport" folder > "SET LEFT LOCATOR / SET RIGHT LOCATOR" usually I set keys [ for left and ] for right.

click OK

go to 0:00:00 press [ (set left locator)
go to end of your song press ] (set right locator)
you'll see the highlighted bar at the top

Make sure none of your tracks are armed to RECORD (disable red rec button) on all tracks.

[File] > [Export] > [Audio Mixdown] this merges all tracks under the LOCATOR bar range. it's called "mixdown"

next window ...
-------------
File type : Mp3..
Attributes : 320kBit/s , 44.1khz Stereo
Quality : Highest

Outputs : YOUR #1,#2 STEREO OUT.
do not tick real time export, or update display.

Channels : Stereo

Sample Rate : 44100hz
----------

have fun

Back