What are keyboards and which keyboard should I buy (for noobs)

Which keyboard to buy?

Hi All, I find this forum very informative, I though i cud get some help here.
My requirement just home recording
I was about settle for PSR s550B which has style creator and 16 track recorder. But I was upset to notice that 550 model doesnt have the Arpeggio function.I would love to have Arpeggio function in my board.. even PSR E413 has the Arpeggio option. Can anyone confirm this for me? Is Psrs550 a better buy? Is there any other better arranger in the same range ? I did saw MM6 , though it had the arpeggio function, its more of a sequencer, it had no styles..intro..ending... etc. I am confused wat to buy :( please help me

Hello,i was wondering(sry i;m a noob and if this sound stupid)
i would be able to create pathces using a korg pa50 then somehow connect it to an EMX1 synthesizer to modify the patches into more electronic sounds?

Depends on what you want to do. The EMX-1 is tabletop synth. It doesn't have sampling function. It has audio input which I believe lets you pass audio signals through so you can use the on-board filters and effects etc to process the sounds. But you can't "record" that sound to make it part of the EMX-1's patch. To do that, you need sampling function.

Depends on what you want to do. The EMX-1 is tabletop synth. It doesn't have sampling function. It has audio input which I believe lets you pass audio signals through so you can use the on-board filters and effects etc to process the sounds. But you can't "record" that sound to make it part of the EMX-1's patch. To do that, you need sampling function.

wow great thanks!

Cheez, very good.... (as usual).

Like the idea from Kongwee, "who uses what" list, maybe. I personally find it fund to know and sometimes talk about.
Many of us buy with heart, rather than brain, and we like it that way.

Maybe this can be part of a permanent subject, where people could just browse their needs, rather than search (only if the know such topics are around), if it's what piano_ex suggested.

Cheers man.

Hi,

Need some help...i am split between getting either the Yamaha P95 or Korg LP350.

In addition just wondering i have heard of some problems with regards to Korg RH3 keyboards having problems after long period of usage (with some hammering sound after playing each note). Does this problem still exist in LP350? And is it true that Yamaha P95 sound softer as compared to Korg LP350 due to their amplifier? And if i wanted a more durable digital piano...which would u recommend? Yamaha or Korg? (Can't seem to find any service centre for Korg in Singapore, thus is a bit worried about having difficulties when i need any repairs)

Thank you

Hello... Your thread is very useful! thank you so much...

I would like to know if there is any difference in the brands of pianos? Like korg or yamaha... Like which brands are more well known for what characteristic of piano? like maybe which is more durable, which has nicer looks etc...

thank you so much!

Perhaps you can explain what you meant by "characteristics of piano" that you would like to know.

As for durability - it all depends on how you take care of it and use it. The most durable and heavy duty keyboard - if you drop it from a height, it will still be damaged. Hard to comment on that.

Which has nicer looks...well, that's all personal preference isn't it?

Hello... Your thread is very useful! thank you so much...

I would like to know if there is any difference in the brands of pianos? Like korg or yamaha... Like which brands are more well known for what characteristic of piano? like maybe which is more durable, which has nicer looks etc...

thank you so much!

That's over 2 years but I think you will still received a reply.

Let me describe a unique characteristic of Infinite Response VAX which employs 14-bits velocities will sound emotional unlike you heard anything in the past. I've tried listening to many players share their performance on Youtube and experimenting on different virtual pianos and midi files. None get the right dynamic ranges due to the limitation in MIDI steps that only ranges from 0-127.

buying a synth is a tough one.
there are always entry level,
mid-range and flagship:

eg.
entry level - Korg Kross
mid-range - Korg Krome
flagship - Korg Kronos

entry - Yamaha mx49
mid - Yamaha MOX61
flagship - Yamaha Motif XF6

entry - Roland Juno Di
mid - Roland FA06
flagship - Roland Jupiter80

Last edited:
http://www.keyboardmag.com/miscellaneous/1265/key-buy-faq/30890

1. It represents a genuine technological breakthrough.

2. At press time, it's the best product in its class.

3. It offers bang-for-buck that's better than what anyone would expect.

In addition to jumping through at least one of these hoops, the product also has to be free from any significant flaws that would detract from sound, workflow, or any other aspect of using it to make music.

Can you give us examples? When it came out in 2005, the Korg OASYS was the only keyboard to combine multiple synthesis technologies, an internal hard disk multitrack recorder, and tons of realtime controls in a single workstation. So it met conditions (1) and (2), even though it was expensive. The best clonewheel, digital stage piano, or virtual analog synth at a given time would also be an example of something getting a Key Buy on grounds of (2). In December 2013, we awarded a Key Buy to Apple Logic Pro X because of all the applications and software instruments it offered within one DAW product for $199, i.e. largely for reason (3).

Check out this:

http://www.theonepiano.sg

keyboards and digital pianos which can connect to iPad/iPhone and even android products too.

By connecting to the device, it allows you access to their app, The ONE smart app, which has music sheets as well as tutorials and step by step guide to learn music theory and how to play the piano. All in one piano. Perfect for beginners.

Back