Be careful

Tan Ttsbernard

Normally seller would proclaim that his items are top notch and the price is reasonable and that would be very attractive to buyers. Most people don't sell items unless there are old and there's a likelihood of it being faulty soon or the items are already giving problems. Of course there are also genuine sellers who are truely honest and reliable. And if you dealing with one that is not so honest, it is very hard to locate or identify the fault, if there is any, at one try or testing. So please be careful when you buy second hand items, because some people are not honest. If it is possible - bring along someone who knows the product very well and would be able to asscess it for you. Even then there's no guarantee but a lesser risk. I have been a victim myself and I just would like to share this with you. There is nothing more disappointing than dishonest people who openly claim that his products are top notch but is not. Even it is cheaper by a wide margin, it is still not worth it to buy a product that is fundamentally erroneous.
Thanks.

Especially guitars! When you meet up with the seller he will seem like he's rushing or when you are testing the guitar, he will act like there's a phone call and stuffs. Seen this trick so many times when I started getting into buying 2nd hand guitars when I was way younger.

If you are a seller, explain everything to them in person: What mods you have done, what were removed, etc. If possible, let them try it on an amplifier.

If you are a buyer, request to test them first, on an amp if possible and ask about what mod, wiring and removal they have done.

Singaporeans are more dishonest than you think they are.

To be precise, I bought a Korg Triton Tactile midi-controller from him quite some time ago. He seemed so honest assuring me that everything was ok, no worries. He is a young man and I am 60 plus and yet he has no problem in lying through. One must have integrity and morality in life - it's very easy to lie but it is very hard to be a person of good principle. And he always says that his items are in top conditions, home-used only. I am writing this not to spite him but to tell others that you must be honest in your dealings.

To be precise, I bought a Korg Triton Tactile midi-controller from him quite some time ago. He seemed so honest assuring me that everything was ok, no worries. He is a young man and I am 60 plus and yet he has no problem in lying through. One must have integrity and morality in life - it's very easy to lie but it is very hard to be a person of good principle. And he always says that his items are in top conditions, home-used only. I am writing this not to spite him but to tell others that you must be honest in your dealings.

Just curious, what happened to it?

I bought a Korg midi -controller from him and he assured me that everything was ok. But I found out that the modulation wheels are not working sometimes, the DAW system for Logic Pro was not responding, the parameters knobs are not responding as they should. These are ones of the most important features that I need to use in my DAW system when recording. I must confess that I also didn't try it out but met him outside and bought it from him based on his claims. I guess I am at fault too for being too trusting, but I think one must be honest in your dealings. I guess I learn my lesson and I just want to share so that others won't be in the same situation as I was.

Hi, I am unsure of this product as I have never used it before. I would assume that it is solely a midi controller, not a standalone keyboard, based on your words. I like to highlight here that I used other midi controller before. Sometimes midi controller do give problem because of firmware or drivers problem. Whenever there is a hardware to software situation, it is subjective to blame that the hardware is faulty. For example, I ever bought a first-hand brand new midi controller before. And it also giving me many problems similar to yours. And the funny thing is, it gave me problem on my setup, but when I tested on my friend's setup with the same driver, same firmware, same DAW, same OS, his works fine. And till today, I canot figure out why. Therefore, it would be great if you can do some research to make sure others are not have similar issues as you are facing first, instead of blaming it's hardware faulty and you got cheated by seller. No doubt, everyone have to be careful when buying second handed stuffs. Just sharing my personal bad encounters with midi controller. Cheers!

Thanks for trying to clarify it, but I am not new to this. I have been playing music and recording since Digidesign Protools 1, 18 years ago. And I am very sure, after trying everything to remedy it, this unit is clearly faulty. I should have been more careful dealing with total strangers. I personally adhor dishonesty and others should be warned about such behaviour.

it gave me problem on my setup, but when I tested on my friend's setup with the same driver, same firmware, same DAW, same OS, his works fine. And till today, I canot figure out why.

Its some superior/higher power telling you to stick to hardware : )

Back