1996 Goodall Koa Grand Concert (Picture and price)

johnathantyh

Here is a chance to own a Goodall guitar, equivalent to the Steinway and Sons grade instrument.

Living in Hawaii, Goodall enjoys a particular guitar maker's advantage. "Koa only grows here in the Islands," he observes. "It's getting harder to find, but we've got a good selection. I feel that koa is good across the board with respect to bass, mid, and treble, but it has more clarity than rosewood. Koa can be obtained, but it's very expensive. I'm patient, and hunt for the premium quality that I need." From the Goodall website

This piece definitely has a rich history and been played often.
She is more suited to either strumming and flat-picking for those who are too bothered with the chunky dreadnoughts.
Finger-picking style would be less ideal due to the size but she does pack a punch in terms of the volume it produces.
Koa needs no introduction and will get you covered over the type of songs you would be playing.
Harmonics are crisp and clear, one of the best out of the guitars I ever owned.

Cosmetic flaws are to be expected as this is a 19 year old piece of instrument.
She would be rated 8/10 for it's age and due to a lack of playing it does require a new set of strings
Set-up a year ago by Jarvis and strung on Martin Lifespan 0.12

I could be reached on WhatsApp me through 92nine9 2eight86
Selling because I'm be going overseas soon and would not like to bring it along.
Thus, I am not interested in a trade.
Come and arrange a session to feel it if you are really interested to own a piece of heritage.
The price would be $4500/-
Cheers.

Specifications:
Body-Type: Grand Concert
Top Wood: Aged Solid Master-grade Sitka Spruce
Binding: Maple
Head Plate: Ebony
Tuners: Schaller tuners with ebony buttons
Rosette: High Grade Blue/Green Abalone
Back and Sides: Solid AAA Hawaiian Koa with lovely Maple binding
Nut Width: 1 3/4
Bracing: Non-scalloped forward-shift X-brace
Pick up: LR Baggs Lyric Acoustic Guitar Microphone
Cutaway: None
Bridge type: Winged-shape

A really nice gentleman has given me a chance to share with you all photos of the guitar that are taken beautifully

Johnathan

Back