ZeN desu

ShiroZeN

Hi everyone, this being my first thread and post, shall also be my introduction to this forum.

My name's Weixian, preferred to be called ZeN. I'm 19 and turning 20 next January. I wished I was 16 though.. Currently in Year 2 of Republic Polytechnic's Diploma in Information and Communications Technology course. I'm studying for the sake of buying time so that I can do what I am interested in. I was encouraged by my friend to look up this forum, since I'm really interested in music.

Sadly, I am not one who makes music, neither am I one who can write songs. I just love singing. Being a poor chap, I have neither money, looks nor a perfect voice. I didn't manage to learn music when I was young too. However, that does not mean that I am a pathetic guy.

I was really interested in piano, but my hands are too small, which makes it a hindrance to play. Also, I am illiterate to music notations, basically, I love music but know nothing about it.

Funny thing is, I am such a dreamer. I dream about being in the showbiz, I dream about being a singer. I want to be one, because I want to be recognized, I want to earn money, and most importantly, this is where my passion is.

This year, I spent all my Chinese New Year's money, which wasn't a lot since my background is really not well to do, on my acoustic guitar, it was only a hundred over, but I love my guitar a lot! I don't know anything about playing guitars but I did research and asked around for help so I could start playing.

All these hard work, because I've decided to be a busker. I hope, from there, I can move on when I get better, to sing in pubs. Perhaps I can earn a more decent amount there. Seriously, I shouldn't worry too much about how much I earn from it, especially in Singapore, everyone here should know.

Well, perhaps, like my friend says, my unique point might be that I sing Japanese songs, which many people usually don't. Well, I'm not too sure about that, I don't even know if it will work out.

I'm worried about time, I want to gain recognition hopefully by the time I'm summoned for National Service. Most probably because I'm going to spend two years in there like a jailbird. Perhaps, I could still busk while I'm free?

Speaking of which, I'd really need to find out more about busking and pub-singing. I've read up on the site on busking and I think I'll be going for the audition on 5th September. I am positive since I actually wanted to go for the July's but missed. I haven't submitted the form yet so I guess I'll need it to be done as soon as possible.

I'm facing financial crisis now, I will need a new guitar and amplifier if I were to busk. I could sing well at home but the environment outside totally covers my voice! I'm not sure if I can go for the audition with just acoustic guitar and myself. Then earn the money from busking to buy those.

Well, this is getting too long for an intro, shall end my post soon!

By the way, I found a very interesting article on the web by a busker who have been busking for twenty years! I'm not sure if I can post this link here but anyway if I can't please don't flame me.

Here's the link >> http://www.juggling.org/jw/91/1/essay.html

I have a few very supportive friends whom I wish to thank at the same time.
Wei Jie and Calvin >> For giving me your utmost support and information.
Priscilla >> For turning all that we had into motivation for me to move on. Even though we can't be friends like before.

Last edited:
wow that was a long intro post! anyway welcome to soft! all the best for your aspirations!

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE,
U R SHIROZEN?
WATCHOUT FOR THE VICKO-SAN
COPY-ING'S HER PLAN:mrgreen:

wow....and i thought my intro was long....hahahaha...!

*hands a bottle of colourfull marbles*

welcome!

*offers cookie*

Thanks for all your warm welcomes! Hoping to get more information, tips, past experiences and many more from all of you! That would be a great help to me since I decided to set foot onto busking and music. Also, I'd love to get along well with everyone and hope to establish a nice network here!

Back