WTS: Washburn WD55SCE Koa Deluxe Series

chly3001

Hi everyone, decided to sell my rather new washburn WD55SCE. bought it 2 weeks ago from luthier guitar at orchard plaza, decided that the sound isnt the 'right' mix im looking for. depending on strings it sounds bright and generall quite a sweet guitar which i guess is not for me as im a heavy strummer. here's the official website for those interested:
http://www.washburn.com/acoustics/wd55-series/
it is the 2nd guitar (the one below)

Dreadnought Cutaway style
Solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce top
Quarter sawn scalloped bracing
Koa sides and back
Abalone rosette
Abalone purfling & wood binding
Satin finished mahogany neck with two-way truss rod
Neck and headstock binding
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge with bone nut and saddle.
MOP Washburn logo & stylized W inlay
Gold die cast chrome tuners
Fishman Isys+ Tuner/Preamp System

here are some pictures of the actual guitar to do the talking:

dsc8678c.jpg

first thing you'll notice is the top wood is darker then the one in the stock picture. according to the guy, it's due to the wood being older/more mature. or i read online that spruce tops darken over time (this is a 2010 model i think)

dsc8675p.jpg

a shot of the grain.. tight or not up to you to decide :)

dsc8673w.jpg

another shot of the grain..

dsc8667l.jpg

beautiful headstock.. if i rmbr correctly the guy told me this guitar has maple bindings. well the binding's definitely wood, can see for yourself :) very beautiful

dsc8668.jpg

fretboard.. another shot to show the nice binding

dsc8684v.jpg

a shot from the back.. the black stripes on the back of the fingerboard aer not as pronounced as they turn out to be in the picture. as for the koa, it isnt as flamy like those really really good guitars (which cost thousandss) but.. what to expect at this price point? it's beautiful and awesome for what it is

i'm hoping to get 1.1k for this, please let me know if you're interested we can discuss. can email me at chly3001@gmailDOTcom, thank you! :)

Back