SOLD WTS: Warwick Bleached Blonde Thumb Bass 5 BO (Very Rare 2003 Ltd Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

activebass

I am putting up my cherished (and very rare) Warwick Bleached Blonde Thumb Bass 5 Bolt-On for sale.
In 2003, Warwick made 350 pieces of these bleached blonde thumb basses in 4 & 5 string versions. Only a small number of the 5 stringers were produced and only 10 were imported into the USA by Dana B Goods.

The back of the head stock carries the serial number 3/274. 3 is the year (2003) and it was the 274th bass to be produced in that limited edition run.

The bass is in very good condition and only gigged once with it.
It comes with all the original accessories such as user kit, trust rod key, allen keys, warranty registration card, Lock strap locks and user manual.

It has an AA flamed maple top. Ash back, 3 piece flamed maple neck with a setting sun inlay. On the 17th and 19th fret there are wolf inlays howling at the moon. It's a stunning display of craftsmanship, big bass tone, and fiery flamed maple. The buttery smooth neck and fingerboard are both flamed maple, as is the headstock.
It comes with a hard case, but is not the original hard case.
Looking for $3200.

If interested, please email activebass@gmail.com

zwgqrq.jpg

i6mg6f.jpg

10i83ds.jpg

oqhyiw.jpg

awqrgi.jpg

240zy3r.jpg

More info from Warwick's website:
Thumb Bolt-on LTD 2003
http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=22123&linkID=25256&cl=EN
spacer.gif
In 2003 Warwick produced 350 "Bleached Blonde" Thumb Bolt-on LTD basses. The body of this beauty is made of American Swamp Ash with Flamed Maple top and has a Satin Oil finish. The Headstock is covered with a matching veneer of Flamed Maple, too. The neck and the fingerboard are also constructed from Flamed Maple. This special instrument required an equally special finishing touch, so the Warwick Custom Shop created a new mother-of-pearl "Sunset" inlay design: when the sun finally sets behind the mountain, two wolves start howling in the night at the 19th and 21st fret... Now this inlay option is one of the many available regulars at Warwick's custom shop.
spacer.gif

• American Swamp Ash body
  • Flamed Maple top
  • AAA Flamed Maple neck
  • Flamed Maple fingerboard with "Sunset" inlays and 24 frets
  • Scale length: 34" (long)
  • Matched headstock with Flamed Maple veneer
  • Active MEC J/J-Style pickups
  • Active MEC 2-Band electronics
  • Satin Tinted finish
  • Chrome or black hardware
  • 4 and 5-string versions
  • Only 350 built
  • Hans Peter Wilfer signature and metallic inlay with limited edition serial number on back of headstock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back