SOLD WTS Vintage Thomas Blug strat /w Lollar blondes

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.custom

Selling my Vintage Thomas Blug strat with upgrades! Pickups have been changed to Lollar Blondes in the neck and mid, Manlius SP90 in the bridge. Changed pickguard, pickup covers and knobs to parchment. Will throw in stock pickguard and knobs as well. Here are some pics of it before I changed the pickguard:
899c5a70.jpg

After:
2D955B59-4A71-4F74-AB4D-67D4840CB80E-176-000000AACEA1C4CD.jpg

These Lollar and Manlius pickups are one of the best pickups out there right now, hand wound in the USA, attention paid to every single detail. The blondes sound great in almost any context, spanky clean, slightly overdriven, even high gain, yet they still retain the clarity. The Manlius SP90 is basically a P90 in a single coil enclosure, really fat sounding with thick mids, authentic P90s tone!

This guitar is based on Thomas Blug's original 62 strat, so if you include my upgrades, it sounds pretty close to a 62RI, plays well also. I would say this is on par or even better than a MIJ ST 62 now. Another plus point is the hum-cancelling switch which activates another coil in the cavity of the guitar to make all the single coils stacked coils. Cuts a bit of high end and makes the pickups sound a bit fatter.

Going for just 550!

Will throw in a fender gig bag as well

SMS me at 93822211 to deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back