WTS: Nordy VJ5

itzs

Repost: Nordy VJ 5 for sale: $3600 (slightly neg.)

Carey Nordstrand has announced that he is gonna stop production of the nordy line of basses, so the value of the bass can only go up!
The tone on this bass is awesome. A very tight and mordern sound with a killer B string. (best B string i have ever played. you have to try it to believe it)

5267991799_0f197e8eef.jpg

More Photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2101574...7625616727484/
Specs:

Ash/Maple, 12" - 20" compound radius, vintage size frets, Hipshot ultralight tuners and bent plate bridge, 34.5" scale, 1.81" bone nut, 19mm spacing at bridge, satin finished neck

Upgrades:

Birdseye maple fingerboard ($120)

Big Splits pickups ($230)
Bass is currently installed with NJ 5 pickups for the cutting single coil sound, in chrome pickup covers. Your choice of pickups. =)
SMS me for photos of the chrome pickup covers if interested.

Pearloid blocks and binding ($450)

Black Pearloid Pickguard ($70)

Side Jack ($120)

Battery box ($100)

Trans Black Custom Finish ($170)

ACG EQ-02 preamp with tone knob ($400)

The total list price for this options are a cool $5160!! (list price of the basic model along is $3500)
A real steal with all these options.

Will be willing to knock of $200 if you want the audere JZ3 3 band with tone knob preamp which I had ordered with the bass, but trust me. The ACG preamp sounds a lot better on this.

(Will only change to the Audere Preamp if there is a confirmed sale and the buyer really wants the Audere. Not fair for me to waste effort to change the preamp just for tryouts)

Note: the blocks and binding are white pearloid. The Black ones were a communication mistake which Carey very kindly made right. Too "Geddy Lee" for my taste...

Back