SOLD WTS : MIK Swing R2 (Option to buy Complete Guitar or Separate Parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting go a Swing R2, made in Korea.

Alder body in Arctic White colour, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. High quality, very well made.

Here's more info on the guitar :
Swing R2

The body of the guitar is already routed at the factory for a HSH config. This makes it very versatile platform for a project guitar - just get a pickguard with your preferred config (SSH, HSH, SH, HH, SSS etc.) and plug in electronics of your choice.

Original SSH pickguard has been removed, and fitted with a new pickguard for 2 humbuckers. Dimarzio "The Breed" Neck and Bridge pickups, with two CTS pots and a coil tap switch to access single coil tones. Comes with a 3-way switch (I can include a 5-way switch FOC if you need that). One small hole has been drilled into the body to accomodate a pickguard screw (near the coil tap switch) for this new pickguard, but with the standard strat-style pickguards fitted you'll not be able to see the extra hole of course. A shim has been added to the neck pocket by a professional guitar tech to correct the neck angle, so it plays very easily now.

Fitted with chrome Wilkinson locking tuners.

I got this from another softie, and there was some wear on the knife edge bridge that came with the guitar (a Wilkinson WVPSB 2-Point Tremolo Bridge), so I replaced it with a BRAND NEW Wilkinson WVS 50 ii K tremolo bridge as in the original specs. This is the bridge that you see in the photos below.

Overall condition of the guitar I would say is about 9-9.5/10, with plenty of fret life left.

Here are some photos of the actual guitar :

Swing+Front.jpg

Swing+Back.jpg

Swing+Full+Front.jpg

Swing+Headstock+Back.jpg

The price of a new Swing R2 from SV Guitars is $550.

I am offering 3 options to make it more attractive especially for those thinking of turning this into a nice project strat with upgraded parts of your choice.

Option 1 ($460) :
Get the complete guitar.

Option 2 ($350):
Get the guitar without the electronics (pickups, pots, coil-tap switch etc.). Note that this includes a brand new Wilkinson WVS 50 ii K tremolo bridge. Will include the the HH pickguard and input jack.

Option 3 ($280) :
Get the guitar without the electronics (pickups, pots etc.). Will include the the HH pickguard and input jack. No Wilkinson WVS 50 ii K tremolo bridge but with a WVPSB 2-Point Tremolo Bridge instead, as shown in this photo below. Do note that there's some wear on the knife edge, but still perfectly useable :

Wilkinson+Trem+Bridge.jpg

Very good prices if you're looking to get a very well-built high quality Korean-made strat for use as a project strat.

No guitar bag will be included in the price.

Can trade with a nice boutique OD and/or a TC Electronic Polytune (Mini or Full-size) and/or a JHS Black Buffer, with cash top-up on your side to make up the difference.

Please text me at 8288-9887 to deal. The prices are already very reasonable so would appreciate it if you don't bargain on this...

Selling this as I intend to switch back to playing fixed bridge mahogany bodies haha...

I can bring it to an MRT convenient to you. You can bring along a portable amp/amplug etc. to test the electronics if you're getting the whole guitar.

Thanks!

Do also note that there's a contoured heel which provides easy access to the higher frets, and that the smooth 2-point trem system has a push-in trem arm that does away with the trem arm wobble that is common with screw-in trem arms..

Have decided to keep the pickups and pots so will not be offering Option 1 anymore.

Price drop for a quick sale :

Option 2 : $300, please see details in the first post.

Option 3 : $240, ditto

Will accept trades for pedals mentioned above plus cash top-up.

Text me at 8288-9887 to deal, thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back