WTS: Limited Edition Takamine EG5303SC

loldude333

This baby has been used but never abused for all the time i've owned it. Featuring a solid spruce top, maple back and sides, a mahogany neck and a rosewood fingerboard, her tone is rich and deep; with a good solid midrange and nicely defined treble with well-supported bass. Extremely versatile for a wide range of acoustic genres (though she particularly excels at fingerstyle), she is set up for Elixir Phosphor Bronze 12s with a low action and an FMI saddle further deepening her already impressive tone (this upgrade alone cost $100 and does not depreciate). She also features a Takamine TK40 preamp with an undersaddle piezo that faithfully reproduces her tone, and allows for a fair bit of tweaking to suit your band's needs. Her built-in tuner is still working, and quite accurate (i compared with a Korg Pitchclip). She's got plenty of fret life left, though the frets could use a bit of a polish.

Visually she looks stunning, as the photos show, with a violin-burst cosmetic and a matte, satin finish that lets both her tone and cosmetics stand out. You'll turn heads strapping on such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

She has a few really minor cosmetic flaws due to usage but they're almost all in areas where no one will notice and don't affect tone and playability one bit. She's never been dropped and always carried in a heavy duty padded case. Impressively, despite our hot and humid weather, she has zero bridge bulge!

I'm looking for a price of just $500 slightly nego (she cost $850 brand new, including the FMI saddle). If you meet this price, i will give her the best cleanup and oiling i can before i hand her over. If not, feel free to negotiate and we'll see if we can reach an agreement. I can include a generic gigbag as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back