SOLD WTS Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5 H

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarRepairman

Selling off a 2001 EB MM Stingray 5 H. Guitar cosmetics are about 7/10 but working perfectly fine. See photos for cosmetics. This bass comes with the earlier and better version of pickups (ceramic with preamp) It also comes with it's original hard case. Asking for 2k (negotiable) No trades please! Drop me an sms/whatsapp @98228521 for more details or to deal, thanks!

hehe..whooa

Gentlemen
When I posted that ad that day ...it was a flash sale.
Nobody bought it.
I still wanted an upright.
Stingray 5H value is not cheap, unless, like my case I needed to sell fast.
I manage, through contacts and correspondence, to trade this as well another bass(rather pricy one) for a prized upright bass, very expensive indeed (for me)
The person selling this is a contact point of the guy I traded with, thus got no idea of that ad I placed.

thanks for inputs/concern, that bass...a very fine functional instrument equipped with the earlier version of humbucker would be a keeper if one is into the stingray sound.

For me, I just wanted to get rid of it cos I wanted the tone of upright. This bass is definitely worth the price or slightly negotiable:)

Hope this explains.
Have a great weekend all:)

FWIW.... it's not easy to buy a good Stingray 5 nowadays. Hand to heart, I tried a Made in Indonesia SBMM Ray35 in Bangkok a few weeks ago, which played better than the Stingray 5 they had at Sinamex (at that time). (ok, it doesn't help that Sinamex is so condescending towards the bass that they only have an acoustic guitar amp for people to play the bass through).
What I want to get at is this: If the humbucker is the old one and this bass is good to play and together with the hard case, it should probably be worth more than 1.3 or 1.4k.

Without having played it, just from playing a lot of Stingray 5 over the years, the older ones usually sound better to my ears. For the newer ones, you really need to try as many as you can to find a diamond.

Peace!

Ebenex was selling about 2k too... I know cos I went to see it with my son... Even my 15yrs old son knew then it was a great price for that masterpiece, only I couldn't commit that much money and went for a CiJ Fender bass instead...

It was a fair price indeed... good luck with your sales bro....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back