SOLD WTS: EMG OEM bass soapbar humbuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SicBarney

I have a pair of EMG OEM bass humbuckers to let go.

These are taken from one of my Spector basses, and are of your typical EMG soapbars, with these being the 3.5 inches type, similar to your EMG-HZ/TW/CS 35, compatible for 4 string basses or any 5 string basses with pickup routings no more than 3.5 inches.

From Spector's website:

Designed for us by EMG®, The SSD™ (for Stuart Spector Designs) Pickups have a little more midrange than EMG® HZ™ passive humbuckers.

From EMG's website:

EMG's OEM products are not available for retail customers. EMG not only develops products for its own use, but for many companies in the MI field. EMG has developed products for Spector, Steinberger, Ernie Ball, and Tacoma Guitars just to name a few. From Acoustic EQ's to Fuzz Tones, we design, build, deliver, and/or license EMG Designed products to some of the largest factories in the world.

In my own words, I would say they really do have a bit more mids than your typical EMG-HZ 35s. Smooth fingerstyle tone, and aggressive attack with pick style. Definitely cuts through ANY mix. I've jammed with lots of different people who use all sorts of guitars from Ibanez to Fenders, EBMMs to ESPs, and my Spectors (then equipped with these pickups) always cut through the mix. Funk and slap players, don't be discouraged about the slightly upped mids, because these pickups still handle slap like a beast. Please do note that these are PASSIVE humbuckers, and are not meant to be connected directly to a 9 volt battery.

Will only sell as a set, and will let the pair go at $90, negotiable.

Will only deal on Tuesdays to Saturdays, at these timings/places
- Selegie area from 11:00am to 8:00pm
- Chua Chu Kang MRT after 8:00pm​

SMS me at 98007852.

2d2cb262.jpg

5f6f9bff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back