What's up people? harbinger here

harbinger

Hey all, just thought i'd write a short introduction here, even though i've not followed the natural order of things and started posting first. :p

I'm a self-confessed guitar junkie, been playing for 12 years now. Started out playing classical but soon turned to electric guitar and have been playing even since. I took a few months worth of drum lessons last year (my brother's a drummer so we have a drumset at home) but due to my studying in Sydney, i had to take a hiatus from that. Hopefully i'll continue once i settle down either here or back home.

I started off playing punk, then my style and tastes moved towards screamo and then metal. I've played onstage quite a few times and love it. Strangely i've only been in a metalish band only recently, previously my bands were instrumental, rock and i even did pop duets with a friend from college for a few years (would have been better if it was a full band!)

Hmm, what else is there to say? Despite how long i've been playing guitar my skills have sort of hit plateau once i got to uni because i stopped practicing so often. I've become a bit more of a collector these days and have a fetish for boutique amps. Its an expensive hobby, but it makes me happy, so its all good.

Look forward to contributing to this forum, and learning a few things from it too. :)

P.S. Oh yeah, i'm from KL Malaysia. Whoops...

Back