Whats the Best Amp to get under $500?

PinkSpId3r

hiyo guys..what amp would u all recommend under the price of 500? other den cube30 which prae has been advertising :p hw much is cube60 btw?

thanks thanks

Prae: Roland Cube 30. :lol:

I remember what you always say, list price is $500 but I got mine at $300 8)

Actually I have leftover stock (NOS) of the previous model "ROLAND BLUES CUBE 60". At $650, I think this easily a much better buy than the new cube60.

This I feel is extremely worth the money, because firstly it's "MADE IN USA" no china. Next the amp weighs as heavy as a tube amp, which I think should be due to the good wood used to make the cabinet. This 2 points alone I think already makes it more worth.

Then the cabinet is in "cream color" tolex, really yummy looking. The features also is a full house. 2 channels- both with its own full EQ knobs.

So the thing is that this model is discontinued already, so could become a sought after model soon, being USA made is and advantage to its value too. You know the stories lah. Currently left a few last pcs, could be so locally.

penta-tonic said:
wat til he tries a hi gain tube. he will ditch de cube cos it sounds like crap compared to the real thing.

LOL it'll be like the frog in a well who has just managed to find a way and jump out. Suddenly taken aback at how BIG the world actually is :lol:

I recommend the smarvos mike's selling :D The 100w with 2x12" speakers is within your budget. I'm using a 40w 1x12" myself. Crystal clean clean tone and a pretty heavy crunch channel. The 100w has a differently voiced crunch channel and it sounds heavier, but if you're going to run your own pedals through the amp either will be fine; both the amp's clean channel sound the same, very very clear. Both comes with reverb, the 100w model has chorus. Didn't try the chorus out tho. Is it ok for me to post the prices here?

ooh thanks for all the recommendation peeps~ :D

hmm..the 1 really caught my attention is the vox ad30/50vt..anyone using it? how does it sound?

the visual sound amp seems interesting..should be quite ex though..

pooo said:
penta-tonic said:
wat til he tries a hi gain tube. he will ditch de cube cos it sounds like crap compared to the real thing.

LOL it'll be like the frog in a well who has just managed to find a way and jump out. Suddenly taken aback at how BIG the world actually is :lol:

Not really.

I already have my sights set on a Peavey XXX. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and by the way. I never said the cube was the best sounding amp in the first place. I'm kinda irritated by that "sounds like crap" comment. :(

If you read what I said, the Cube is useful if you're on a budget. But other than that go for the real thing.

Praetorian said:
If you read what I said, the Cube is useful if you're on a budget. But other than that go for the real thing.

I support you.

I have a hi-gain tube amp, but even so, I'm going to get a Cube because they are great sounding little amps that you can plug in and get a good sound straight away with no messing around. They are certainly not crap. :)

Back