what could be wrong

bedokkids

i noticed that after i send my guitar for second set up,

it's play fine, after a few weeks, the string at 12 fret start getting higher.

is it improper set up?

most probably only improper set up for the truss rod.. which would most probably also lead to off tune intonation..haha just a guess

where did u setup it at? is it really that high off from the 12th fret?

Did you do anything in those few weeks? Change strings?

Could be humidity. These few days, the humidity is high.

ya i agree my 1 month old cort mr730fx was send for a setup due to high humidity in singapore back in august =(. i suggest you go back to the shop and ask them to adjust the truss rod for you

If the humidity is causing the change, then you'd be sending your guitar pretty often for a setup. Why not just save the trip and cash and adjust the truss rod yourself?

You'd learn how to adjust a truss rod and you'd know how it works, gain more knowledge. It good to know the insides of your guitar ;)

for all you know that fret might just pop out a little. the possibilities are endless though. have to see it before we can conclude anything. however, its best to send it back. see if you are lucky enough for them to do it for free.

it's good to know how to adjust truss rod BUT must take extra care while doing yourself. It's best not to turn more than one turn of the truss rod either way.

Back