The Suns - press release worldwide mar 6

saito

on behalf of the Suns:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The SUNS Worldwide Press Release
March 5, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- SAN SINGER SHATTERS ELBOW IN ON-STAGE ACCIDENT -

San Singer, vocalist and guitarist of Australia-based Singapore rock band The SUNS, has shattered his elbow in an on-stage accident. The incident occured near the end of the band's performance at Ngee Ann Secondary School on February 28, as part of their "Riot Da Skool" tour of schools and tertiary institutions in Singapore.

In his first statement since undergoing successful surgery to reconstruct the joint, San Singer revealed, "I jumped off a Marshall stack, the whole thing toppled over...and while I was trying to protect my guitar, I landed on my elbow. And now my whole elbow is made of metal. Actually titanium."

Although doctors are confident the flamboyant frontman of Singapore's "Greatest Ever Rock Band" will be able to play guitar again, he will require at least three months of intensive physiotherapy and rest. "Physiotherapy really hurts like a bitch, but I'll see you all soon in three to four months' time. Rock on!" said a clearly emotional Singer, before flashing his trademark rock sign with his remaining able hand.

Drummer Wayne Thunder said, "It was an unfortunate and sickening accident to witness, but that's life and we are grateful that he is otherwise in good health and spirits. We'll do whatever it takes to support him through his recovery. In the meantime, please send in your well wishes to our website guestbook, myspace or email. If you can, spare some time to include him in your daily thoughts and prayers too."

As a result of the accident, The SUNS have indefinitely postponed their upcoming Australian tour, which had been confirmed but not publicly announced. While there was no announcement made regarding the status of their remaining shows in Singapore, most notably their highly-anticipated final Singapore performance at The Esplanade's Mosaic Music Festival on March 19, The SUNS are holding auditions for a short-term replacement guitarist and expect to perform in what will surely be an emotional return to the stage for the man affectionately known to some as "Fast Fingers".

Visit www.thesunsrock.com and www.myspace.com/thesunsrock for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SUNS
www.thesunsrock.com
www.myspace.com/thesunsrock
www.purevolume.com/thesunsrock

Sanjeev was still lively and talkative when I went to his ward with Derryn & Levan (ronin), sabrina (Rock for Good) and our dear little Pepper just on sunday at 6pm. He can still flex his bandaged elbow, so things look up :) - got him a mag and some chocolate

Wishing him a speedy recovery

saito

Oh geez. I think there's another similar thread too. Heard he's getting discharged tmr right?

wayne passed me this press release and also forwarded it to I.S, juice, Lime etc...

I think he should be, but then his physio is every single day

Back