The current setup...

LoneCaster

It has been a while since my guitar saw the light of day. I was hoping she'd still be in good condition but the years of neglect has taken it's toll. With some elbow grease and a trip to Peninsular she's looking a lot better now. She is a MIM fender Stratocaster I bought back in 96-97; my second guitar and my first solid body electric.

The years hasn't been kind to her... She was light blue when I got her back from Swee Lee but the colour has faded to a greenish tinge. Could it be oxidation? Who knows but other than the colour, some rusting and some contact issues with the outlet jack she's in decent playing condition. Cosmetically she isn't pretty but sometimes pretty is overrated. I kind of like the way she looks now.

The pickups were changed to active EMGs back in 97 and I totally forgot about the 9V that was in her before she was mothballed. Surprisingly there wasn't any damage to the electronics from battery leakage. The pearloid pickguard and black volume and tone pots were from Davis (so were the EMGs). I've always used Ernie Ball Super Slinky and continue to use them just because they're familiar.

My amp is a newly bought Marshall MG15FX (September 2010) from Davis... $316. I'd have bought an el cheapo one but the missus says Marshall is a good brand and she's seen many folks use them even though she knows next to nothing about guitars and amps. We decided to get the Marshall. A bit spendy but the warranty and the fact it was a brand that I know has been around ensures peace of mind.

Cables are an el cheapo 9 footer from Davis... $12. I also got one free from the guy whom I got the ME-25 from; more on that later.

My multi-effects is a BOSS ME-25. I was thinking of getting individual stompboxes but I decide on this as I've heard the tech on this has improved and the sound quality is acceptable for what I'm paying for it. I decided on a pre-owned unit; no point buying it new I guess. The list price at Swee Lee is $299 (as of September 2010) and I got her off a guy for $230. No dings or scratches but he didn't have the CD which means I had to download the driver from the net if I want to do any recording. The DAW software (Sonar LE) however is not available for download, craps... It's not a big issue though as I don't have plans to do that any time soon.

Picks... Custom made and ghetto modded by the missus to suit my unique needs.

Back