THANK YOU from Awe-In-One

johnleong

Hi Softies,

Thank you for allowing me to grace the occasion of the SOFT 2nd Monthly Meeting on 13 Aug 05. It was a great experience for me. I am grateful to the organisers, sponsors, presenters and participants, and EarShot for a truly enjoyable and successful event.

My special tribute goes to Arun, Randolf and James. They are truly innovators. We have a resourceful Arun producing quality music with minimal, but effective, cost to accommodate aspiring bands and artistes. Randolf, also a music producer, and his amazing string of effects and gadgets – with a lot of ‘overdrive’ passion – surely coloured the evening. Thanks Randolf, for helping out with the Awe-In-One demo, I couldn’t have done it better. And James… having seen those days when the Quests and other local bands were performing in Gay World, the Singapore music scene had never been so well connected. Incidentally, in those days, gay means gay.

Innovation can oftentimes be a lonely journey, and cheering innovators on is important. So I am happy to see Softies doubling up as cameramen, reception, movers and pick distributors. That’s the spirit, well done!

Owing to some time constraints on Saturday, I could only skim through certain parts. So if you need me to elaborate on any particular parts below, do let me know:

1) My first 2 unsuccessful attempts at invention – the multi-directional wheel and plastic bag holder
2) How to cope with failure
3) My current attempt with Awe-In-One beyond the yoghurt box.
4) What to do if you have a good idea and want to patent it.
5) Entrepreneur – what it involves, from a small business perspective.

If you wish to know more about the various types of picks, its history, features and key elements, I can easily direct you to the respective websites for detail information.

As promised that Sat evening, I intend to ‘break a few branches’ so that you folks can continue to find your way, and I will be happy to resume this on-line. After the gathering, I know that some of you found your way to the pub instead.

John Leong
www.awe-in-one.com

thanks very much john for providing us with those wonderfully designed picks! it was interesting to experiment around with them..the awe in one was real good for chord strumming but i liked that transparent jazz3 kinda pick for picking. you really got me hooked to those babies lol im sure many softies had lots of fun playing aroudn with the different sides :)

Thx to all......

I realy enjoy n hv fun in away of info and educational stuff cos its not jus meeting for fellow softies....but u can realy mingle local ppl who hv deep passion for music n aspiration.

These ppl ought to be acknowledge their aspiration to share among fellow musicians with passion and inspiration.

Im glad dat much detail hv been shared upon. Dats the local spirit. We r not the type of "keep to ourselves n dies in ourself" but let the whole world know the informations n ideas.

I admire John for his design n ideas, Randolf fro his tone passion n modds n local musicians dat hv made great contribution deserve a standing ovation for their effort in pushing their limits in their professionalism. These will be a great help to future misicians and budding talents.

Thanks again for Soft organiser n committee members, sponsors, Earshot, presenter n participants dat hv made a successful monthly events. I believe dat dis is 1 step we can go futher in our musical journey and passion.

Cheers

hello john,

those picks were great. and they really give users a good grip on the pick. Tried the rock series one. it's really nice.

but i got a suggestion, not sure if it works. that is have those rough surface for the grip to be on both sides? better grip. Hope by doing so the price of those picks will not be too expensive.

just a suggestion.

Mr_X said:
hello john,

those picks were great. and they really give users a good grip on the pick. Tried the rock series one. it's really nice.

but i got a suggestion, not sure if it works. that is have those rough surface for the grip to be on both sides? better grip. Hope by doing so the price of those picks will not be too expensive.

just a suggestion.

Good suggestion, I will keep that in mind.... and the price too :wink: . Thanks.

Back