Spurs sack Ramos, hire Redknapp

loldude333

Tottenham Hotspur have sacked manager Juande Ramos, his two assistants and sporting director Damien Comolli. Due to a very poor run of form which saw them collect just 2 points in 8 games, Ramos was pinpointed as the cause by the Spurs board of directors and was subsequently dismissed, along with Comolli, who was identified as the man who let star strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane leave in the summer without finding suitable replacements. They have now appointed former Pompey boss Harry Redknapp as their new manager and he is set to take full control of Spurs next week, although he will be giving the team talks before their game against Bolton tonight. It has been almost exactly a year since Ramos took charge, with much fanfare especially after he won the League Cup. But he hasn't been given the chance to turn results around, as it often is with many clubs aspiring Champions League placing. Now, it seems to be a new era for Spurs but will this just be another false dawn?

My thoughts are that Harry made the wrong decision to go down, Pompey are flying high and right now need the steel in the managerial position to carry them through the season. But this will unsettle them badly and they may drop down the table soon. Harry has inherited a crap squad, zero good strikers, zero good defenders. The midfield is their strength, what with names like David Bentley and Luka Modric in the squad. But it is in the upper and lower thirds of the pitch where things happen, and he clearly does not have the players to do this. My prediction is that Spurs will survive, but with not much room for error. Redknapp is, after all, a good manager, he proved that with Portsmouth. And might this signal the return of Jermain Defoe to White Hart Lane? We shall see.

P.S Spurs joke: What is the difference between Yao Ming and Spurs?
Ans: Yao Ming can score 18 points in 1 match; Spurs can't even get that in 8 games.

stupid spurs
i think its a waste of time if harry goes to spurs.
i think spurs should hire jamie redknaap instead.
haha!

poor tottenham... once a champions-league-spot challenger... if things dont change soon, they'll be fighting against relegation. :D

Ya...............i thought Spurs had a pretty stable squad under Ramos lasts season. Shoulda sacked Damien Comolli earlier.............he was the one who let Keane, Berbatov and Defoe go. Recipe for disaster, if u ask me. All i can say is, too bad for Harry. I bet he'll be swearing like dear ol' Joe Kinnear b4 long. But things look ok for them now...............1-0 up at half-time against Bolton at home.

But it seems to be working............its the 82nd minute and Spurs are 2-0 up. Finally, another much needed 3 points. Funny how 1 game brought them more points than the past 8.

Oh yeah! Welcome Harry!
4-2 down against Arsenal in the final minutes and WE came away with a draw.
Lets hope things look up.

Come on you Spurs!

Spurs really got to get their consistency together. They really used to be pretty good! IMO, letting Berbatov go was great. I don't like his superstar attitude; it wouldn't have done any good for Spurs.

However, Keane's an awesome player! ( I'm a Liverpool fan! )

Back