Rusty musicians wanted to help each other practice

Kevin Ghosty

I'm a rusty guitarist/bassist/songwriter in my mid-30s with a music habit sidetracked by life. I'm looking for people who can help me get off my ass and practice, preferably while I can help to provide a similar kind of motivation. Rusty musicians would probably fit the best, but if you're young/inexperienced but wanna jam with some uncle, you're welcome too!

My instruments currently collecting dust to varying degrees:
  • baritone electric guitar
  • acoustic guitar
  • fretless acoustic bass

Some days I feel like playing loud distorted shit that potentially destroys eardrums (baritone electric guitar turned to 11), some days it's singer-songwriterly acoustic things, some days it's pretentious noodly things drenched in delay and reverb. And I really, really, really enjoy improvisation. Most days I'd rather improvise than learn a song!

If this doesn't sound too painful for you, contact me at 97700557.

A sample of my old music can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/kevinghosty

I listen mainly to: jazz (smooth jazz, fusion), metal, singer-songwriterly things as well. Sometimes punk and pop-punk, very occasionally Aphex Twin and The Prodigy.

Last listened to on my Spotify:
- Earl Klugh (love his groove!)
- Anika Nilles (I used to have fantasies about being a drummer)
- Haken (Vector - love my prog metal too)
- Archspire (Relentless Mutation - I don't play deathcore, but holy shit what an album)
- At the Gates (To Drink From The Night Itself - meh, was good background music)
- Novo Amor (lovely textures)
- John Moreland (Spotify Sessions - check out his YouTube videos, they're really good)

Oh, I’ve never heard of any of them �� it’s better to jam with people who know the same stuff as you. Your soundcloud is cool though, so talented!

Let me know if you are interested in rock and punk rock style guitar like taking back sunday and mcr

I'd welcome performing your original Sun will shine song bro. Its alwaysbeen on my playlist

Back