Recording Your Bass

exin

OKay, i'm not sure whether it's the correct place to post this but i'll do it anyway. How do you guys record you bass besides plugging it straight into your sound card and what software do you use? Maybe 3notesAbar can post some of his home recording escapades here =) ..

for me i'll plug it into my 30watt bass amp .. line out to my computer and earphone out for myself. Like this i can control the amount of gain and volume going into my computer. For software i use Abode Audition to do layered recording and stuff if i want to have many lines going at the same time .. and also to master like add effects and EQ it ...

For me i just plug my bass directly into the computer, and use windows mixer to control my input and output levels. Software i use is Cool Edit Pro.

The only hardware i needed was a 2 dollar jack adaptor, to hook my instrument cable up into the soundcard.

i haven't tried my bass yet, afraid it might spoilt the com speakers cuz frequency lower.. but i record my guitar using windows xp movie maker.. all i nid is cables n the jack..

Hihi

to record bass the best for me u need to have a mixer to play with. Use aux o/p or monitor to playback for yourself and use aux o/p or record o/p depend what mixer u used to plug into your pc soundcard. I use audacity for the software to play with.

What do u all think?

Shawn

Back