Pop-Rock/Jazz/Funk lessons for pianists/keyboardists (church pianists look here too)

iansoh

To the pianist/keyboardist:

- Feel like you've reached a point beyond which you can't improve?
- Feel devoid of ideas? Uninspired?
- Don't know how to tackle a new genre of music that you're interested in?
- Don't know how to introduce dynamics to your playing? want to learn some fat-sounding chords too?
- Feeling rhythmically challenged? Only seem to be able to play ballads and slow songs?

I can challenge you and push you to fulfill your potential, perhaps even play better than what you dreamed of. Did you make it thus far being mostly self-taught? Then you definitely have the ability to go further. Sometimes we need a teacher/mentor to help us break down our own mental blocks.

To the budding pianist/keyboardist:

Look no further for a solid foundation in music. Learn the right stuff the right way and in the right order - early development and wide exposure to music is crucial. You don't want to spend later years unlearning bad habits or catching up on fundamentals that you missed out.

My background:
I have been playing the piano for over 25 years. My journey began with 11 years of classical training, followed by 15 years of pop-style keyboard playing. I have been performing on the local scene as a professional musician for the past 8 years and have also spent 10 years previously in church ministry (retired now to coach new blood :)). I am comfortable with all styles and genres of music, posessing the necessary technical ability and theoretical knowledge to perform at a professional level, in both solo and ensemble settings. I also continuously upgrade and update myself on the newest trends and developments in music. These enable me to coach any student in the direction he/she wants to develop towards.

In the past 4 years I have maintained an average of 20 students (individual) a week. Since the beginning of 2011 I have also begun teaching a group class. I have taught a broad array of students, from ages 14-70, classical pianists from Grade 1 to Diploma, and working adults from engineers to music teachers and even professional music producers (yes!). My preferred teaching method follows a syllabus of my own design that is systematic and progressive, with long term nurturing objectives. I will coach every student according to a customised education plan that depends on each individual's abilities, backgrounds, learning pace and desired direction. To every student, I promise passionate guidance and valuable insights to take home at the end of every lesson. My ultimate goal is to teach you to teach yourself, till you no longer need me!

Teaching venue:
I am able to travel to students' homes for lessons depending on my schedule and available slots. Otherwise lessons will be held at a rented venue, for which there are several possible options. Don't have a digital piano or keyboard at home? Just contact me, I will advise you.

Rates
My rates start from $45 per lesson (45-60 minutes) depending on travel cost, venue rental & your playing level. $45 is indicative of a beginner who takes weekly lessons at his/her home that is within a 7km distance from my home. For further destinations, I may have to charge you a little extra for transportation.

Group lessons are also available. Lesson durations will be longer and prices will be different. If you have friends who want to take lessons together, I will teach you in any sized group up to 8 and I will look into securing an an adequately equipped classroom and then give you a price quote. If you are an individual looking for a group class, I can try to group you together with other individuals (if available).

Finally, I look forward to hearing from you and would be happy to receive all your enquiries via:

email: lessons(at)iansoh.com
mobile: 9003-5494

Regards,
Ian Soh :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/iansoh
http://www.youtube.com/user/yumetoridreambird

Latest posts

Back