Pop/R&B/Jazz/Funk lessons for pianists (church pianists look here too)

iansoh

To the pianist/keyboardist:

- Feel like you've reached a point beyond which you can't improve?
- Feel devoid of ideas? Uninspired?
- Don't know how to tackle a new genre of music that you're interested in?
- Don't know how to introduce dynamics to your playing? want to learn some fat-sounding chords too?
- Feeling rhythmically challenged? Only seem to be able to play ballads and slow songs?

I can challenge you and push you to fulfill your potential, perhaps even play better than what you dreamed of. Did you make it thus far being mostly self-taught? Then you definitely have the ability to go further. Sometimes we need a teacher/mentor to help us unlock our own mental blocks.

To the budding pianist/keyboardist:

Look no further for a solid foundation in music. Learn the right stuff the right way and in the right order - early development and wide exposure to music is crucial. You don't want to spend later years unlearning bad habits or catching up on fundamentals that you missed out.

I have been playing 15 years, the last 8 as a professional musician. Prior to the 15 years, I spent 11 years in classical training. I have also spent 10 years actively in church ministry (retired now to coach new blood :)). I am comfortable with all styles and genres of music, posessing the necessary technical ability and theoretical knowledge to perform at a professional level, in both solo and ensemble settings. Importantly, I also continuously upgrade and update myself on the newest trends and developments in music. These enable me to coach any student in the direction he/she wants to develop towards.

In the past 4 years I have maintained an average of 20 students (individual) a week. Since the beginning of 2011 I have also begun teaching a group class. I have taught a broad array of students, from ages 14-70, classical pianists from grade 1 to diploma, and working adults from engineers to music teachers and even music producers (yes!). My preferred teaching method follows a syllabus of my own design that is systematic and progressive, with a long term view of nurturing. I will coach every student according to a customised education plan that depends on each individual's abilities, backgrounds, learning pace and desired direction. To every student, I promise passionate guidance and valuable insights to take home at the end of every lesson. My ultimate goal is to nurture you till you no longer need me!

Teaching venue:
I am able to travel to students' homes for lessons depending on my schedule and available slots. Otherwise lessons will be held at a rented venue, for which there are several possible options.

Rates
My rates start from $45 per lesson depending on travel cost, venue rental & your playing level. $45 is indicative of a beginner who takes weekly lessons at his/her home that is within a 7km distance from my home.

Group lessons are also available. Lesson durations will be longer and prices will be different. If you have friends who want to take lessons together, I will teach you in any sized group up to 8 and I will look into securing an an adequately equipped classroom and then give you a price quote. If you are an individual looking for a group class, I can try to group you together with other individuals (if available).

Finally, I look forward to hearing from you and would be happy to receive all your enquiries via:

email: lessons(at)iansoh.com
mobile: 9003-5494

Regards,
Ian Soh :)

Back