Pop Punk for Newbies!(Singapore Polytechnic)

Hey guys,
Basically trying to start up a pop punk band in SP.

Self-Intro:
I'm 17,Year One this year(School of DMIT),Have been playing guitar for about 6 months now(Still totally a noob though),influences include Fall Out Boy,Green Day,Blink 182,etc,would like to play rhythm for the band

I'm trying to get perhaps a lead guitarist,bassist and a drummer,with the possibility of vocals,I'll see how things go,but like most pop punk groups,we could probably just "force" a vocalist out amongst ourselves.:)

This band is more like a band for other newbies like myself to be in - Like,you've always wanted to be in a band,but knew your skills were no one good enough for a band,but I still wanna be in a band kind of thing.
After all,"it's the journey that counts,not going about how to get there".We'll mostly just be jamming together for fun,maybe take part in whatever competitions SP has for us,or even perform for your classmates,etc.

If you're interested in my little project,please leave a comment with your position of choice,and some of your influences.

hi. 18 years old here. im from dmtm. year 2. able to play lead. influences include bands like ramones, the queers, and other old school melodic punk groups. i listen to blink too and green day. can play most of their songs. interested pls text me at 98351358. I have a metal background but looking to be a versatile guitarist. So maybe pop punk can be the perfect start for me.

Hey there! I'm a pretty new bassist, and not really that young (23 this year), but mind if I join in? :p

Edit: Influences include SID, Spitz, The Rodeo Carburettor, Lostprophets, Sum 41, Blink 182, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed.. Pretty much a mix of rhythm as well as melodic bass lines there :)

Last edited:
hey dude bassist, playing for 5 months, having lessons for 2 months now, listening to yellowcard, alltime low, fob, you name it i lsiten to it...too many to states, but i think its the same as yours. I am quite sucks i guess, but able to play most of the songs that i stated, and looking for ppl to grow with so, if add me at my fb or smth?haha http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=637203763

Back