Plainsunset Album Launch Announced!

wakemeupmusic

The Return of Plainsunset

Singapore, 9th May 2008 – Music listeners look out! A new “old” name in the local music scene will be releasing their comeback album in a few weeks!

On May 26 2008, local indie-pop-punk legends Plainsunset release “PLAINSUNSET” their first widely distributed, and fourth studio album since 2003. PLAINSUNSET is the band's self-titled fourth release, since reforming after their breakup in 2003. Drawing heavily on the influences that inspired them to make music of their own - from the more familiar U2 and New Order to the names unfamiliar to your regular music listener such as Hey Mercedes and The Starting Line - this album boasts some of Plainsunset's most accessible music to date. From the opening strains of “Johari Window” to the plaintive ode to the Singapore River; “River Song” and the hopeful, yet cynical “Children”, one can tell of the obvious desire for lead songwriter Jonathan Chan to have the songs relate to anyone who plays the CD. “Our musical approach was to aim for timeless songs. We were more open to pulling in our older influences to receive input from the timeless to create the timeless,” says the 33-year-old fine artist.

It is not marketing hype to say that every track on this album is a hit single, because this album documents Plainsunset's best and most consistent music to date. That it happens to be their most adventurous, mature and accessible studio album is just icing on the cake. This album is not so much a return to form, as it is a reinvention of their sound, a tribute to the music that loops inside their soul, their inner soundtrack. PLAINSUNSET is the sound of a band rediscovering music.

This album certainly marks and charts the 12-year-old band’s steady progression into maturity and popularity. From having played to 30 kids at a local community centre, to the bigger local stages then like the Substation, Youth Park and Insomnia Café, progressing to tour Malaysia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, New Zealand, and to break up, reform and amass the greatest attendance for a single set ever for the Esplanade’s Baybeats 2006 (Singapore’s biggest indie/alternative rock festival) Plainsunset recently had the honour of putting their music on the world map when 5 tracks from their upcoming album were featured on Starworld’s HEROES Season 2’s promotional campaign as character profiles for the main characters.

So for those who haven’t heard of them or haven’t heard much from them, now is the time; because as the age old saying goes – “the sun will rise again”.

LAUNCH PARTY
Celebrate with the band at their album launch party on Friday, June 13th 2008, 8pm at Zouk Club. Entry is only allowed for those 18 and above. Every CD purchased comes with a pair of tickets to the launch party (limited to first 500 on entry). Tickets will be sold at the door at S$18.

+++
PLAINSUNSET is distributed by Universal Music Singapore Pte Ltd and can be found in all good record stores come May 26th. Online streaming of the album starts Tuesday, 13th May on sites such as Myspace, AMP and Purevolume. Fans will also get to download Plainsunset’s first single “Johari Window” for free at | plainsunset | from 16th May 2008.

For more information go to:
| plainsunset |, MySpace.com - PLAINSUNSET (NEW SONGS UP NOW!!!!!) - sunny singapore - Indie / Pop Punk - www.myspace.com/plainsunset, Plainsunset | AMP, Plainsunset on purevolume™

+++
About Wake Me Up Music

Best known for conceptualizing and producing Singapore’s Biggest Indie/Alternative music festival, BAYBEATS from 2002-2007, Wake Me Up Music (aka WMUM) was birthed out of a passion to reach an audience that wasn’t listening. Established in mid-2001, its main objective is to promote underrated, understated and even unheard of artistes, to make their music available to the masses.

Starting out primarily as an independent record label and retail outlet, WMUM has been representing local bands and facilitating their CD releases since its inception in 2000. Acclaimed local acts like Plainsunset, Marchtwelve, Pug Jelly and Fishtank are some of WMUM’s famous releases.

In 2006, Wake Me Up Music decided to focus on talent and event management instead of releasing records, distribution and retail. Some of WMUM’s more notable artists include local punk rock heroes Plainsunset, A Vacant Affair, Surreal and the currently most buzzed about indie-rock darlings The Fire Fight.

With a current network in Malaysia, Wake Me Up Music hopes to branch out further into the rest of Asia and possibly Australia. Wake Me Up Music aims to place Singapore on the world map of indie music through its emphasis on showcasing local bands, while documenting the Singapore music scene’s journey and growth.

Wake Me Up Music also brings in renowned major label and indie acts from all across the globe to Singapore (Switchfoot, Anberlin, Copeland), with a mission to inject vibrancy into the music scene in Singapore.

Last edited:
Road to Album Launch Video!

Yes, Wake Me Up Music is still alive and kicking. In fact, we never stopped working!

The label has lined up a whole slew of shows for the band from May till August. Do check out their myspace for more details.

We also sent someone to document the band's preparation for the launch. Do check out at the WMUM Youtube Channel and subscribe to get updated!

YouTube - Plainsunset - Road to Album Launch (part 1)

Check out the video to find out how you can appear in Plainsunset's first music video!

Hey everyone,

Those who can't wait to get a copy of PS CD
The CD will confirm be at all major retailers on Wednesday
Those who really can't wait to Weds, I will personally be delivering a limited number of CDs to Strait's Records tomorrow early afternoon so you can get from them a day early!

Hey CD should be on shelves at most outlets be now
HMV, CD Rama, Boarders all should have already
Gramophone might not be up yet but will be really soon.
Get your copy today and get passes for the Zouk CD Launch Party!

I am assured by Universal Music that the CD is now in stock at HMV.
Should be at all of the others by tomorrow latest.

If all else fails, I know Straits Records have stock because i delivered it myself!

Last edited:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... just bought my copy.

Have you got yours yet? :D

Went to mJ can't find

Went to popular... was looking around and damn when i was about to walk away i saw the 2 piece of plainsunset album half covered by some other long album... yea i got one and put the other one out in the open :D

Go To HMV
Plainsunset is currently in the best seller charts at both Hereen (7 last i checked) and Citylink (no. 9)

Lets make Plainsunset number ONE!

Hye we will have copies of PS CD on sale at Rock The Sub (even tho PS aren't playing!) and also at Step Up for Down on Sunday.

Get your copy today and grab the free pass to Zouk on the 13th!

Hye we will have copies of PS CD on sale at Rock The Sub (even tho PS aren't playing!) and also at Step Up for Down on Sunday.

Get your copy today and grab the free pass to Zouk on the 13th!

Any idea able to/where to get the reissued of lovesongsfortheemotionallywounded and the gift?

...lost the gift though... still have the casing lol...

Straits Records are currently out of stock for The Gift as its almost out of print. But they are just about the only place to find Runaway (seeing as they produced it!)
Scape studios have The Gift.

Also, we will be selling all 4 Plainsunset release at Zouk tomorrow. So bring Money.
This may be the last chance to get a copy of The Gift as we only have 30 pieces left in our store!!

Latest posts

Back