OM: tender surrender

pretty nice playing but heres some suggestions

1. during the clean intro try to let the notes ring longer instead of being cut off suddenly half way. you can probably add a little delay too

2. for the high gain part maybe since its improvised you can try being a little more melodic instead of trying to fit as many notes as you can in the song

3. the wah sounded a little wierd but nothing too bad

4.nice tapping licks but try to ease up on the wah or whatever i think sounds like a wah :)

5. nice whammy tricks

overall a very very tough song to play but i think if you work on it a little more it would sound killer!

thanks for taking a listen.

i ll work on those stuff and prolly try to record another 1.

of all the points, i find it the hardest to hold the notes for the intro.

Major props for attempting this extremely tough song!
I also think that you have a good clean tone...got the 'feeling' la :)

But your distorted tone sounds like something from a Metalzone or Smashbox....very digital/synthesised sounding. Aim for Vai's organic tone. And try turning down the bass knob a bit?

Looking forward to a re-recording!

haha. would u believe me if i told u i probably cant do a note for note version. well, honestly, yea, i cant.

but i am trying to learn the whole darn song now. haha. stay tuned for the real one.

after the legato solo u could turn yr volume knob down a little to lessen the distortion...well thats what steve did.

wow I would say that's decently good, the timing is good except at about 3:48.

I guess coz of the licks difficulty, the licks dun sound as aggressive and confident enough. But considering the lengthy duration of the song, must say u really got some good techniques there :)

keep it up!!

thanks guys. steve reducews distortion via volume as he has a capacitor in his volume. it totally cleans the sound up. however i do nt have one.
i tryed turning down but it doesnt really help. so i guess just use pedals
hahaha.

but thanks for the wonderful advice guys.

Back