OM: 5150 recorded!!!!!!

ChanMin

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07IXO429K59AS2A7CKJ12ADG1Q

pls listen and give some advice on how i can get better sounding tracks??
its very in your face... abit too in your face...

i pointed the mic directly toward the amp's speaker cone. almost touching the grille cloth.

sm57 ---- fast track usb ---- powerbook.(garageband)

no effects except for reverb from my amp.

the amp is on 0.75 .... haha not even 1 yet...

( pls pardon the playing... looonnnngg time no play metal ... rythm work very bad...)

Sounds pretty heavy..but its abit muddy and muffled..I think its because you can't pump up the volume on your amp..so the sound can't 'open up'. Maybe you should get a hot plate or something..so you can better utilise the monster...just my 2 cents worth

yah .. how did you record your clips ?? on your mesa? ... mic up ?

yah.. now late la... so must be soft... once my head/cab conversion is done..i can bring go jam studio and crank to .... 4? i think 4-5 abit too loud already... but its gonna sound alot better.

My recent clips..just overdrive pedal straight into soundcard haha..when I had my mesa..I used same method..mike up..but I had hotplate..so I could crank it up a bit..

Yeah..should sound awesome in a studio when u crank the thing up man..but of cos..the clean tones may suffer..

i agree..its a little too fuzzy, but i always thought that about the 5150. and yeah it does sound like it should be cranked up more..
its ced here by the way...hows things man?

could be the settings on ur amp. also u shld try diff angle of ur sm57. works wonders, if ya feel its too in ur face, a slight angle off-axis might work better.

liff as in open the back and mic up from behind???
hiak hiak hiak sounds kinda kinky...

i havent had the time to do up my amp... but ive heard wonders about the eurotubes im gonna put in my 5150... reduced hiss etc... it sounds different from what i hear and whats recorded.... maybe i need to adjust the levels.. and change the mic placement. Any idea how much is a small mic stand?? one of those short ones?

Back