New-ish soul/funk/blues band looking for saxophonist

Crawldaddy

Hi there!

We are The Faculty, and we play a variety of music that mixes soul, funk, jazz, blues and rock.

Our approach is to find interesting music for all members and twist a given song into a different flavour from "the original." In some songs, we even play a particular segment of the song in a different style, just to mix things up a little.

Why do we do this? Let's just say that when you mix a drum teacher, a jazz singer, a blues/rock/raggae/jazz bassist and a classic rock guitarist all together, anything and everything is fair game in the name of creativity and expression, haha!

Current covers include:
Alicia Keys - A Woman's Worth
The Commitments - Chain of Fools
Chet Faker - No Diggity
The Whitest Boy Alive - Gold Cage
Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
Savage Garden - To The Moon and Back
Daft Punk - Fragments of Time
Joss Stone - I Got The Blues
Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason

New stuff on the horizon:
Jason Mraz - Butterfly

Just bear in mind, some of the songs listed above may not be totally recognisable once we add our spin to them.

We have been together since October 2015, and hope to add a saxophonist to our line-up of vox, guitar, bass, and drums. We recently performed our first open-mic slot at The Barbershop @ Timbre to positive feedback, and we look forward to doing open-mics maybe once every 2-3 months.

We're all working adults/teachers (hence the band's name), so rehearsals are usually weekdays on a fortnightly basis. We understand everyone has busy schedules, and make a concerted effort to be as accomodating as possible. We are open to anyone and everyone, no discrimination against anyone too "young" or "old".

Hit me up via PM, or text message <98,five, six, 04, one, three> if you're keen!

Errik

Last edited:
Back