New band inspired by Shirlyn & the UnXpected.

MichaelApisit

Hi all Michael here,

Recently, I was lucky enough to be in the presence of, in my opinion, one of the greatest and most underrated local band in the history of most underrated and great local bands in Singapore. Let me tell you, Shirlyn and the UnXpected were lovelovelovelovelovelovelove rocking Wala wall's roof down. Playing from the top 40s to Metallica to RHCP to Motley Crue.

Because of them, I'm greatly inspired to start a band like theirs and hopefully, progress as long as they have (10 years). So what am I looking for here? A bunch of musicians who are competent enough, to progress and grow as a musician and as a band and at the same time not limiting the kind of music he choose to play or listen, to join this project that I wish to create.

With influences from the old rock stuff(Led Zeppelin, Ozzy Osbourne, Deep purple), to the really old stuff(Beatles, Blues, James Brown, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley), to Glam rock (KISS, Guns n Roses, Motley Crue, Poison, Mr Big) and Metal(Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Lamb of God) and fun stuff(RHCP, Incubus, RATM, Wolfmother, Kooks, Muse, Bloc Party) and basically everything else in between because I'm running out of ideas.

It is a tall order, and all I just need is musicians with an open mind and a passion for music. Plus the ever ready need to improve themselves and not get complacent. I cannot emphasise that point enough, you don't know how many great bands sucking once members relax and get too comfortable for their own good.

Thats all, and hope this doesn't generate negative feedback. Or no feedback and all. But I can hope. And then we can gig. And then we can take over lovelovelovelovelovelovelove Singapore. Yup, thats about it. Contact me at 90089542. Cya.

Hi all, especially those who contacted me. I am so sorry but I lost your numbers. I know that is extremely unprofessional and unethical. I am so sorry! Anyway, could you text me again or PM? Hoping to jam this week or the next, and again so sorry! Thanks. =]

Back