Need Softer Bands & Musicians

Most of these type of bands are what we call "Thun Ciak" bands, or paid musicians.

They are able to play from scores alone, with a repertior of songs in a music book as thick as a dictionary.

Type of music local normally includes: Top40, Jazz (mixed), Mandrin, Cantonese, Pop, Sentimental, and at most Soft Rock. Occasionally they will do Cha Cha, Salsha, rhumba.....etc.

Never hard rock or heavier like metal, hardcore, screamo, emo, punk...etc

Can try, but difficult to get pro bands to play such genre without the "thun ciak"... heehee

If can get new bands, sure can, but these range normally demands real talents to perform well as there is no "noise" to cover up big mistakes.

HeartRockSingapore said:
I am trying to make it pay. I am not looking for those that all the mamasans are familiar with, nor those that Kpubs engaged.

Thanks for the effort. I'll work things out with my bands and see what i have to offer.

HeartRockSingapore said:
I am trying to make it pay. I am not looking for those that all the mamasans are familiar with, nor those that Kpubs engaged.

Heehee.... Those are getai bands, hokkien songs ace.

Chinese Bar and lounge pros, my observation is that day-in day-out they play almost the same stuffs, thus seems more detached in playing concentration.

The ang mohs genre will be more playing for clubs, pubs and hotels. You can approach my friend kelvin of guitar connection, he knows a large circle of such bands locally, he himself also a performer. Rates varies with band fame and experience.

You mind giving a little more details about the gigs? Like the duration of each gig, when are they gonna be held etc.

Back